Reefers! What is Your Profession?!

I work in the coffee industry. I am the regional service manager for a large coffee roaster and equipment distributor, and I also oversee the roasting. I teach people how to repair obscure, rare, and expensive coffee equipment. I have a long service and technical history, and 7 years ago I was looking to get out of telecom. I almost didn't go to the interview as I had zero interest in coffee, but my wife convinced me to go.

3 days in and I said i'd never do anything else again. It's niche, but i'm good at it!
 
I work in the coffee industry. I am the regional service manager for a large coffee roaster and equipment distributor, and I also oversee the roasting. I teach people how to repair obscure, rare, and expensive coffee equipment. I have a long service and technical history, and 7 years ago I was looking to get out of telecom. I almost didn't go to the interview as I had zero interest in coffee, but my wife convinced me to go.

3 days in and I said i'd never do anything else again. It's niche, but i'm good at it!
@revhtree is a coffee connoisseur!
 
25 years in fashion; writer, stylist, jewelry designer... :)

So obviously I have an eye for aestetics and I try to keep my tanks as clean and crips and I also color coordinate corals and fish.
 
I spent 15 years doing advertising work, which is why I find these threads so funny. “What is your hobby?” “What do you do for a living?” Future threads might be “What level of education do you have,” or “Which forms of media do you consume?” I’m not saying the threads aren’t genuine, but this forum is a marketer’s dream with all of this data available for scraping. That’s fine, whatever supports the hobby. 😄
 
Last edited:
I spent 15 years doing advertising work, which is why I find these threads so funny. “What is your hobby?” “What do you do for a living?” Future threads might be “What level of education do you have,” or “Which forms of media do you consume?” I’m not saying the threads aren’t genuine, but this forum is a marketer’s *dream* with all of this data available for scraping. That’s fine, whatever supports the hobby. 😄
Hey, you are giving me ideas, haha

Mood Lol GIF by BEARISH
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHAT IS THE LOUDEST PART OF YOUR REEF SYSTEM?

  • Return pump

    Votes: 5 3.9%
  • Powerheads or wavemakers

    Votes: 10 7.8%
  • Protein skimmer

    Votes: 25 19.4%
  • Overflow or drain

    Votes: 40 31.0%
  • Sump vibration or plumbing

    Votes: 1 0.8%
  • Cooling fans

    Votes: 10 7.8%
  • Dosing, ATO, or other equipment

    Votes: 10 7.8%
  • Nothing. My reef is surprisingly quiet

    Votes: 19 14.7%
  • Other (Tell us what makes the noise)

    Votes: 9 7.0%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new