Reefing and R2R Newbie

KaferMike

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
At 55 years old, I'm new to the R2R site and the reefing hobby, though I had maintained quite a few freshwater tanks as a youth. My son is the aquatics lead at a LFS. He gave me a 10g starter tanks as a birthday gift earlier this year which has fueled my interest in learning (and increased father-son conversations and bonding as he clearly "...knows more than the ol' man ;)). That tank has done well and I've learned quite a bit, but I soon realized I wanted something a bit larger. Fast forward 6 month, I just finished building out a 40B/20L display and sump combo that I'm in the process of cycling and starting as a mixed reef tank (i.e softies and LPS). And I'm looking forward to continuing to learn and grow in both.

Peace River

Thrive Master
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
Welcome to Reef2Reef!!!

Clownfish.gif

vetteguy53081

Well known Member and monster tank lover
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
13   0   0

attiland

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
At 55 years old, I'm new to the R2R site and the reefing hobby, though I had maintained quite a few freshwater tanks as a youth. My son is the aquatics lead at a LFS. He gave me a 10g starter tanks as a birthday gift earlier this year which has fueled my interest in learning (and increased father-son conversations and bonding as he clearly "...knows more than the ol' man ;)). That tank has done well and I've learned quite a bit, but I soon realized I wanted something a bit larger. Fast forward 6 month, I just finished building out a 40B/20L display and sump combo that I'm in the process of cycling and starting as a mixed reef tank (i.e softies and LPS). And I'm looking forward to continuing to learn and grow in both.
Welcome to R2R
Welcome to R2R.JPG

Looking for the spotlight: Do your fish notice the lighting in your reef tank?

• My fish seem to regularly respond to the lighting in my reef tank.

Votes: 92 76.0%
  • My fish seem to occasionally respond to the lighting in my tank.

Votes: 15 12.4%
  • My fish seem to rarely respond to the lighting in my tank.

Votes: 8 6.6%
  • My fish seem to never respond to the lighting in my tank.

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • I don’t pay enough attention to my fish to notice if they respond to the lighting.

Votes: 2 1.7%
  • I don’t have any fish in my tank.

• Other.

Back