Reefing and R2R Newbie

KaferMike

New Member
View Badges
Joined
Oct 8, 2021
Messages
1
Reaction score
20
Location
Noblesville
What state or country do you live in
Indiana
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
At 55 years old, I'm new to the R2R site and the reefing hobby, though I had maintained quite a few freshwater tanks as a youth. My son is the aquatics lead at a LFS. He gave me a 10g starter tanks as a birthday gift earlier this year which has fueled my interest in learning (and increased father-son conversations and bonding as he clearly "...knows more than the ol' man ;)). That tank has done well and I've learned quite a bit, but I soon realized I wanted something a bit larger. Fast forward 6 month, I just finished building out a 40B/20L display and sump combo that I'm in the process of cycling and starting as a mixed reef tank (i.e softies and LPS). And I'm looking forward to continuing to learn and grow in both.
 
Welcome to Reef2Reef!!!

Clownfish.gif
 
At 55 years old, I'm new to the R2R site and the reefing hobby, though I had maintained quite a few freshwater tanks as a youth. My son is the aquatics lead at a LFS. He gave me a 10g starter tanks as a birthday gift earlier this year which has fueled my interest in learning (and increased father-son conversations and bonding as he clearly "...knows more than the ol' man ;)). That tank has done well and I've learned quite a bit, but I soon realized I wanted something a bit larger. Fast forward 6 month, I just finished building out a 40B/20L display and sump combo that I'm in the process of cycling and starting as a mixed reef tank (i.e softies and LPS). And I'm looking forward to continuing to learn and grow in both.
Welcome to R2R
Welcome to R2R.JPG
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHICH TYPE OF REEF CONTENT MOST OFTEN GETS YOU TO PARTICIPATE?

  • Daniel's daily polls. They're awesome! 😎

    Votes: 8 27.6%
  • A real troubleshooting problem

    Votes: 10 34.5%
  • Build-thread or tank-update posts

    Votes: 6 20.7%
  • Before-and-after progress photos

    Votes: 3 10.3%
  • Beginner questions

    Votes: 8 27.6%
  • Honest success or failure stories

    Votes: 7 24.1%
  • A post, update, or article from my favorite vendor

    Votes: 5 17.2%
  • Detailed how-to or educational discussions

    Votes: 9 31.0%
  • Tank tours and member showcases

    Votes: 5 17.2%
  • Local events, swaps, or meetups

    Votes: 5 17.2%
  • Other (Post in the comments)

    Votes: 7 24.1%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new