Reefing: What is most satisfying to you?

JoshH

Tank Status: Wet...ish, growing things....
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I'd have to say the most satisfying thing thus far in the hobby for me is watching the lights come on and seeing my Dinos perk up and stretch out after a long night, very relaxing :)

But in all serious like so many others here, the never ending learning this hobby encourages or some times forces is very satisfying. I am always amazed to learn new things even daily, watching my clowns be clowns and hopefully soon tackle some corals and watch them grow. It's definitely a hobby that I don't feel will ever be mundane as things change constantly.

Don Lidtke

Some Old Guy
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Having been a lifelong learner and being detailed focused this hobby seemed a prefect next “job.” This is my retirement. Having been a sysadmin for 30+ years I needed something to learn, as I had done with all of the various OS’s I learned over the years. Along, with something that requires dealing with details and problem solving. The more I delve into this hobby, the more excited I become because solving problems has always given me immense satisfaction.

don_chuwish

Smells something fishy
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have to admit a huge part of it is the gearhead in me - making systems that work. Also the equipment junkie. When I had to replace my tank and stand it was actually really exciting and fun to redo & make improvements.
But I really get a kick out of seeing thriving livestock too. Especially when I've made changes in HOPES that it'll help and then do actually see positive results.

Susan Edwards

5000 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Creating. I love creating the rockscape, creating homes for the corals and fish and seeing them enjoy that creation. I also love seeing a coral come to life and thrive beyond my expectations. So many are on the verge of not being healthy from the lfs's that when they come back and thrive, it thrills me

Kial

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Got into reefing very recently due to being fed up with the daily routine I fell into after moving to Australia from England. Would wake up, go to the gym, straight to work after and then sit around watching tv all evening and moaning about having nothing to do!
So I suppose I love having something to do now and have a goal, to have an awesome tank.
My tank is still new with not to much going on apart from a few corals and fish but I sit infornt of it and just love it haha. Also spend a heck of a lot of time cruising through R2R trying to learn more.
I'm also not a huge talker but when people come round the house I can't stop talking about the tank and how things work etc, although I probably bore most people lol.

Duane Clark

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I'm new at this so I would say just the challenge of trying to grow my reef from frags and watch my living art unfold

Rakie

NOTED TROUBLEMAKER
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Change.

It never stays the same. It never stops. You always want / need / research something new. No matter what you have, the moment you don't want anything you tend to get bored. In reefing that doesn't happen. There's always a new stick. A new fish. A potential upgrade. A new ____.

dede

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I enjoy all the little triumphs along the way from building your stand, the first filling of the tank, aquascaping your rock, plumbing your system, and getting your first fish and corals. This hobby fulfills so many areas for me: intellectual stimulation, visual appeal, relaxation, wonder, joy and pride. And yes there is also frustration and heartbreak. Like a previous poster said there is always something new to keep your interest going. I also like being part of a larger reefing community.

easternreefer

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
for me its the the satisfaction of being able to see things and watch things I will never get to see otherwise. Those little bugs critters and Bristle worms. Watching a coral close around food and eat. watching fish react to what is goin on on the tank. its just fun. and I learn new things every day.

OP
OP
revhtree

revhtree

Owner Administrator
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
Great input everyone!

Looking for the spotlight: Do your fish notice the lighting in your reef tank?

• My fish seem to regularly respond to the lighting in my reef tank.

Votes: 89 75.4%
  • My fish seem to occasionally respond to the lighting in my tank.

Votes: 15 12.7%
  • My fish seem to rarely respond to the lighting in my tank.

Votes: 8 6.8%
  • My fish seem to never respond to the lighting in my tank.

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • I don’t pay enough attention to my fish to notice if they respond to the lighting.

Votes: 2 1.7%
  • I don’t have any fish in my tank.

• Other.

Back