Reefkinetics Reefbot

ESH

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Curious to know if anyone else has run into this: Came home to a small overflow from my bot. I have sent in a request to the support team so hopefully will see an answer to why this might have occured.

Full disclosure, Im still happy with the bot, for 1, even with water on the bottom of the bot, everything appears fine. The electrical components are raised, and the circuit board is on the other side of the test chamber.

Im trying to figure out why this would occur. The overflow came from the test chamber. While a test was running, I received a waste container full notification. The test kept running, and then I got an odd colored result notification that was very inconsistent with previous similar test readings. Later, I came home to check on things, and found water on the floor, on the stand my bot sits on and inside the bot. Ive a basement sump, so no damage done except for a few paper towel sacrifices. As mentioned, I suspect it was that the test kept running, yet isn't draining due to the waste container being full. However, I don't know if this was the exact reason. My current temp fix was to manually increase the waste water container from the preset 3.75 L to about 18L - I have been using a 5gallon bucket so this is slightly less. I went through 60 other tests and it wasn't even halfway full so Im sure this setting is more than enough.

drernesto

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Curious to know if anyone else has run into this: Came home to a small overflow from my bot. I have sent in a request to the support team so hopefully will see an answer to why this might have occured.

Full disclosure, Im still happy with the bot, for 1, even with water on the bottom of the bot, everything appears fine. The electrical components are raised, and the circuit board is on the other side of the test chamber.

Im trying to figure out why this would occur. The came from the test chamber. While a test was running, I received a waste container full notification. The test kept running, and then I got an odd colored result notification that was very inconsistent with previous similar test readings. Later, I came home to check on things, and found water on the floor, on the stand my bot sits on and inside the bot. Ive a basement sump, so no damage done except for a few paper towel sacrifices. As mentioned, I suspect it was that the test kept running, yet isn't draining due to the waste container being full. However, I don't know if this was the exact reason. My current temp fix was to manually increase the waste water container from the preset 3.75 L to about 18L - I have been using a 5gallon bucket so this is slightly less. I went through 60 other tests and it wasn't even halfway full so Im sure this setting is more than enough.

Hello, this is caused basically because of a bad calibration. I see that you already emailed the support team. They are currently looking into your issue and get back to you ASAP.

Cheers,

Acro maniac

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Just curious what Test kits are in the works to be added to reeef bot???
Hanna Alk tester is a 1 reagent test that seems it could be applied easily.

drernesto

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Just curious what Test kits are in the works to be added to reeef bot???
Hanna Alk tester is a 1 reagent test that seems it could be applied easily.
Now we are working on Nitrite and ammonia and a couple of alkalinity tests but not Hanna. They use a method which is not titration to measure alkalinity. We are working on it in parallel.

Cheers!

drernesto

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
What would be the go to no3 test for reefers? Other than api. The api tests are not very useful, IME
Calcium would be fine but not no3.
Tropic Marin is my preferred as I have low levels.
I also use API calcium. It’s a very stable test with reliable results

Dj City

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Anyone having a problem with scheduling tests?

My calcium test schedule keeps changing on it's own.
I set it for 10:30am daily but it changes to 10:30pm on it's own.
Im going through a lot of reagent because I have to retest during the day to check my calcium dose.

I love the ReefBot but this is super frustrating and getting expensive.
I've already run through 2 bottles of reagent because of double and triple testing.

ESH

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hello, this is caused basically because of a bad calibration. I see that you already emailed the support team. They are currently looking into your issue and get back to you ASAP.

Cheers,

Thanks for the reply. I haven’t seen a response yet, and unfortunately came home to another overflow. I sent a follow up email with a video of this occurring. At this time I’ve unplugged the unit as it seems to be operating autonomously and I cannot keep coming home to water on the floor.

By running autonomously here is what I mean. I came home to seeing a test running. The exterior LED lights were white, not sure what that indicates. I did not have a scheduled test, so not sure why it was running. Yesterday I rescheduled tests to earlier in the day. Those tests ran as scheduled yesterday, and also, my cancelled tests also tried to run - but did not because the waste chamber was listed as full. I thought increasing the volume would clear this up but it appears that was not the case.

Maybe something previously programmed didn’t get wiped from the bots memory when the schedule was changed? I’ve seen that with other devices so I can only speculate.

When this was working, it was great. I’m not sure what would cause a bad calibration after less then 2 months of operation but anything is possible. I’m looking forward to hearing back on some sort of fix.

Greatly appreciate your response Dr Ernesto. I hope I didn’t come across as to negative, I’m definitly here to understand why this is occurring and hopefully prevent it in the future.

Also, Since there isn’t really any way to route water from an overflow, anyone have any emergency drain pan suggestions that the bot could sit in? I bet someone with a large enough 3d printer could build this. It would be easier to route this water into my waste bucket vs mopping up the floor. Luckily I have a basement sump room and am happy to keep the experiment going!

ESH

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0

Im going through a lot of reagent because I have to retest during the day to check my calcium dose.

I've already run through 2 bottles of reagent because of double and triple testing.

The past couple days I have. I can only speculate what I think might be occurring but I don't know if its true or not. I have multiple support requests in, waiting on a reply. What I think is occurring is that previously programed scheduled tests are not getting deleted from the bots memory, causing the bot to have tests running that are not showing as scheduled. For all of my tests, when I changed the times, I didn't create a new test, I went into the current scheduled test and changed the time. There is also the possibility if I scheduled a test too close to another, causing them to overlap, that if it did not automatically start once the other test was done (say out of RODI or Waste container full) the delayed test later runs on its own once this maintenance is performed and updated. That or the bot is becoming self aware and like the honey badger, doesn't give a s*** and does what wants :)

drernesto

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
The past couple days I have. I can only speculate what I think might be occurring but I don't know if its true or not. I have multiple support requests in, waiting on a reply. What I think is occurring is that previously programed scheduled tests are not getting deleted from the bots memory, causing the bot to have tests running that are not showing as scheduled. For all of my tests, when I changed the times, I didn't create a new test, I went into the current scheduled test and changed the time. There is also the possibility if I scheduled a test too close to another, causing them to overlap, that if it did not automatically start once the other test was done (say out of RODI or Waste container full) the delayed test later runs on its own once this maintenance is performed and updated. That or the bot is becoming self aware and like the honey badger, doesn't give a s*** and does what wants :)
Hello, sorry we missed your emails, if you face any issue later on please email [email protected] and I'll make sure that it's solved directly.
As per the magnesium test that ran twice , we are still investigating what's the issue was as we didn't face this with other users.

Please keep me posted.

Cheers,

drernesto

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0

Hello,
we are investigating this.
If you face any issue email us directly on [email protected] and we'll solve it ASAP

In addition I believe you got a special email from our team ;)
Keep me posted.

Cheers,

drernesto

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
The past couple days I have. I can only speculate what I think might be occurring but I don't know if its true or not. I have multiple support requests in, waiting on a reply. What I think is occurring is that previously programed scheduled tests are not getting deleted from the bots memory, causing the bot to have tests running that are not showing as scheduled. For all of my tests, when I changed the times, I didn't create a new test, I went into the current scheduled test and changed the time. There is also the possibility if I scheduled a test too close to another, causing them to overlap, that if it did not automatically start once the other test was done (say out of RODI or Waste container full) the delayed test later runs on its own once this maintenance is performed and updated. That or the bot is becoming self aware and like the honey badger, doesn't give a s*** and does what wants
hello,
Did you get a reply from the support team? We fixed the issue about tests starting alone for you.
Please do not hesitate to email us on [email protected]

Cheers,

Pife

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have these really weird notification saying my test has been delayed but I only have one test scheduled. I also have a buddy that believes he is getting some testing done that isn't being accounted for.
10a86e930b7067debcbb21e106a78496.jpg

ESH

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
hello,
Did you get a reply from the support team? We fixed the issue about tests starting alone for you.
Please do not hesitate to email us on [email protected]

Cheers,

I did thank you! When I get home I’ll be able to perform the fix.

I Really appreciate the responses from you and your team!

Dj City

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hello,
we are investigating this.
If you face any issue email us directly on [email protected] and we'll solve it ASAP

In addition I believe you got a special email from our team ;)
Keep me posted.

Cheers,

Good deal!

Thank you for the support. I received the email and the support team informed me that they have fixed the issue.

You guys are Great!!!

drernesto

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have these really weird notification saying my test has been delayed but I only have one test scheduled. I also have a buddy that believes he is getting some testing done that isn't being accounted for.
10a86e930b7067debcbb21e106a78496.jpg
Will look into it and let you know. Please email the support

Back