Reefkinetics Reefbot

Acro maniac

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
What is the 3rd reagent in the tropic marin po4 test?
Is it the pro test?
How many kits to fill bot?
Also for Red sea alk pro how many kits to fill?

I currently run salifert for alk but it shows a swing from 8.9 to 9.9 this week and every hanna test is 9.3-9.4
If the majority is happy with redsea ill switch.

drernesto

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Is it the pro test?

I currently run salifert for alk but it shows a swing from 8.9 to 9.9 this week and every hanna test is 9.3-9.4
Please compare Salifert kh on manual and ReefBot in the same time.
We don’t support Tropic Marin phosphate. Only nitrate.
RedSea alkalinity will fill many times our vials. So one kit and make sure to get the refill only.

Cheers,

rushbattle

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Is it the pro test?

The exact value drifts around a bit, but overall the RS Alk refill has been great.

Acro maniac

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Please compare Salifert kh on manual and ReefBot in the same time.
We don’t support Tropic Marin phosphate. Only nitrate.
RedSea alkalinity will fill many times our vials. So one kit and make sure to get the refill only.

Cheers,
I ment no3.

I tried to manual test but i dont have the dropper bottle and i could not simulate the drops accurately. So the the test came back mid 12s. I know for fact Im not that high.
I ran another with the bot and got 9.6 after a 9.9 .

drernesto

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I ment no3.

I tried to manual test but i dont have the dropper bottle and i could not simulate the drops accurately. So the the test came back mid 12s. I know for fact Im not that high.
I ran another with the bot and got 9.6 after a 9.9 .
This is totally normal and in the test kit resolution. You’re value might be between these 2 results

Fishguywc

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hi! Love my Reefbot! Sorry its a little dark it's nighty night time on the reef :) Just moved from 40b to this 75, so kind of in progress and this won't be the final resting place for the Bot. Only thing i changed from stock was switching out one of the tubing pieces that was to short (RODI which has a compartment in my sump) it hasn't effected any of my tests just had to re-calibrate. I had gotten really lazy and was doing very little testing and just watching the corals for signs of stress.. now i test daily! (may cut some down once everything is stable and where i want it) I'm testing 4 items Calcium (API), ALK (Just switched to RedSea), Mag (Red Sea) and PO4 (API)

Very happy with purchase!
IMG_9507.JPG
IMG_9506.JPG

KC V.

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Been watching this thread for a few weeks now, but now I can join in! Received my Reefbot this week a few days before DHL's expected delivery because customs was working on Sunday evening at LAX (not going to complain, but what?!). They were serious though, when they emphasized delivery by 8PM--it came it at 7:53 PM.

I work in biology and genetics labs with automation solutions, so I found the setup and usage very easy. I decided to follow the app's instructions on not calibrating the delivery solutions (even though the flier enclosed provided directions, the app's emphasis on not doing it made me experiment). So far KH and PO4 (both Red Sea Pro) are spot on to what I expect compared to manual measurements. I am also using the Red Sea Calcium, and that one has been really off, mostly due to no change in the color (pink registers, but no blue or a really late change to blue). Filed a support request.

As a plus, the other half loves the Reefbot because of the potential to not need to perform daily KH, Ca, and Mg tests :):D.

drernesto

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hi! Love my Reefbot! Sorry its a little dark it's nighty night time on the reef :) Just moved from 40b to this 75, so kind of in progress and this won't be the final resting place for the Bot. Only thing i changed from stock was switching out one of the tubing pieces that was to short (RODI which has a compartment in my sump) it hasn't effected any of my tests just had to re-calibrate. I had gotten really lazy and was doing very little testing and just watching the corals for signs of stress.. now i test daily! (may cut some down once everything is stable and where i want it) I'm testing 4 items Calcium (API), ALK (Just switched to RedSea), Mag (Red Sea) and PO4 (API)

Very happy with purchase!
IMG_9507.JPG
IMG_9506.JPG
We’re delighted that you love your bot and to have you on board!

drernesto

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Been watching this thread for a few weeks now, but now I can join in! Received my Reefbot this week a few days before DHL's expected delivery because customs was working on Sunday evening at LAX (not going to complain, but what?!). They were serious though, when they emphasized delivery by 8PM--it came it at 7:53 PM.

I work in biology and genetics labs with automation solutions, so I found the setup and usage very easy. I decided to follow the app's instructions on not calibrating the delivery solutions (even though the flier enclosed provided directions, the app's emphasis on not doing it made me experiment). So far KH and PO4 (both Red Sea Pro) are spot on to what I expect compared to manual measurements. I am also using the Red Sea Calcium, and that one has been really off, mostly due to no change in the color (pink registers, but no blue or a really late change to blue). Filed a support request.

As a plus, the other half loves the Reefbot because of the potential to not need to perform daily KH, Ca, and Mg tests :):D.

Amazing! If you need any assistance do not hesitate to contact the support on [email protected]
I advise using API Ca as it’s a very stable and reliable test.

JeffB418

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Been pretty quiet in here... how are people lurking tropic nitrate? Debating booting magnesium to run that.

puffy127

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Been pretty quiet in here... how are people lurking tropic nitrate? Debating booting magnesium to run that.

That's what I did - I booted Mg out. I'll swap it back in when I want to run it, but it will be less frequently than nitrate or phosphate.

I've only run 1 test with TM nitrate so far. It gave me a reading of 5 ppm compared with 2.5-5 ppm (Salifert manual), so I was happy with that.

Flore

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I've got mine as well now, actually am based in Dubai, not too far from Reefkinetics HQ ;)
Unfortunately I already have the first issue, which is I can't connect the bot to WiFi. Tried different SSIDs, resetting, rebooting app, etc. Any ideas?

JeffB418

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I see they have accessory kits at their RAP booth. How much they going for?

drernesto

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I've got mine as well now, actually am based in Dubai, not too far from Reefkinetics HQ ;)
Unfortunately I already have the first issue, which is I can't connect the bot to WiFi. Tried different SSIDs, resetting, rebooting app, etc. Any ideas?
Hey neighbor, please email [email protected] and the team will guide you through it.

Creating a strong bulwark: Did you consider floor support for your reef tank?

• I put a major focus on floor support.

Votes: 57 40.7%
  • I put minimal focus on floor support.

Votes: 29 20.7%
  • I put no focus on floor support.

Votes: 49 35.0%
  • Other.

Votes: 5 3.6%
Back