OP
Reeflix

Reeflix

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I just cleaned off the powerheads today, love it when they look all clean and shiny! Unfortunately the frogspawn popped off it base and i had to reglue it back on a couple of days ago, but it isnt too happy, not as much polyp extension, hopefully it snaps out of of it. Hope you all have a great night!

OP
OP
Reeflix

Reeflix

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Getting a new head!!! This is number 6!
IMG_1627.jpeg

OP
OP
Reeflix

Reeflix

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Actually, i just noticed one of the other ones is started to split! This is super exciting! hopefully it is, then I have 7! Also the duncan (i believe) now has 14 heads, though most of them are small.

Last edited:
OP
OP
Reeflix

Reeflix

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I'm getting another mushroom! the new Ricordea is splitting! The bubble algae however is getting out of hand, even though i just vacuumed them out 2 weeks ago, thinking about trying vibrant, i know that it is supposed to work for bubble, but what do you think? And with them lying about what the ingredients are, it is safe for coral, right? I really don't know too much about it.

OP
OP
Reeflix

Reeflix

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
no vibrant,manually remove,get something that eats it... :)
I know that foxfaces eat them, but would i be able to fit one in my 75? Also no emerald crabs, seen to many threads with them eating coral, anything else i could try?

907_Reefer

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
OP
OP
Reeflix

Reeflix

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I've had emeralds, didn't have any issues with them eating corals personally but they got lazy on the bubble algea pretty quick each time. They say females seem more productive.

Not sure on Foxy, 4' tank? Stocking list?

I mainly just vaccumed bubble algea weekly, cycled away mostly on its own. Love this thing:

Not quite sure what i will stock the tank with, anything semi aggressive or just to hold its ground incase the springeri does turn out to be a but aggressive. I am definitely excited to get more fish since i only have one...
Also i DIYed my own bubble algae sucker, just a metal straw on a tube.

tbrown

Nominated Cronie Intern - Might be failing?
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
2   0   0
Not quite sure what i will stock the tank with, anything semi aggressive or just to hold its ground incase the springeri does turn out to be a but aggressive. I am definitely excited to get more fish since i only have one...
Also i DIYed my own bubble algae sucker, just a metal straw on a tube.
Foxface will be fine with that Springeri.

OP
OP
Reeflix

Reeflix

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I think I have figured out my first QT stocking list! nothing super exciting, chalk bass and 2x clowns. second (or maybe last batch, this one seems to be a but more aggressive.) Mel (yay!) longnose hawkfish, and then possibly a blenny of some kind. I need some ideas for the second batch, and fish that eat algae would be nice.

907_Reefer

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I think I have figured out my first QT stocking list! nothing super exciting, chalk bass and 2x clowns. second (or maybe last batch, this one seems to be a but more aggressive.) Mel (yay!) longnose hawkfish, and then possibly a blenny of some kind. I need some ideas for the second batch, and fish that eat algae would be nice.

I vote for Starry Blenny ;)

tbrown

Nominated Cronie Intern - Might be failing?
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
2   0   0
Depends on type of algae I suppose.

One Spot Foxface is small enough for your tank at least for a while and helpful for Bubble Algae.

Tomini Tang is small enough for your tank but can be a jerk.

Kole Tangs are small enough for your tank usually.

Starry or Lawnmower Blenny are cool - Starry tend to be hardier, bigger, and meaner.

Hector's Goby or Court Jester Goby are good for hair algae but they're not super aggressive eaters so they won't eliminate it.

Bubbles, bubbles, and more bubbles: Do you keep bubble-like corals in your reef?

• I currently have bubble-like corals in my reef.

Votes: 30 35.3%
  • I don’t currently have bubble-like corals in my reef, but I have in the past.

Votes: 11 12.9%
  • I don’t currently have bubble-like corals in my reef, but I plan to in the future.

Votes: 27 31.8%
  • I don’t currently have bubble-like corals in my reef and have no plans to in the future.

Votes: 15 17.6%
  • Other.

Votes: 2 2.4%
Back