Refugium rejuvenation - Should chaeto be changed out?

FunaiReefSystems

Community Member
View Badges
Joined
Sep 24, 2016
Messages
85
Reaction score
14
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Dear R2R Members,

Should the cheat in my refugium be replaced with new cheato and miracle mud? Basically revamping it.

Thanks!

Tanner
 
Yes but I currently have it under a Kessil H380 which may be too strong and I may want to a maxspect algae spotlight instead. Have thought about adding my miracle mud for some mangroves.
 
Yes but I currently have it under a Kessil H380 which may be too strong and I may want to a maxspect algae spotlight instead. Have thought about adding my miracle mud for some mangroves.

Then it's basically being replenished. I doubt there's going to be a different because it's always new growth and chunks you keep. As far as miracle mud and mangroves if your keeping them as a nutrient export like to help remove nitrates you'd need quite a few of them. I believe Julian sprung had a macna or reef a palooza video on refugiums and the benefits of having them. He also states that in order to have mangroves to actually do something you'd need a lot of them.
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHAT DO YOU USUALLY CHECK FIRST WHEN YOU LOOK AT YOUR REEF?

  • A particular fish I enjoy watching

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • The fish population—making sure everyone is accounted for

    Votes: 12 26.7%
  • Coral extension, color, or growth

    Votes: 16 35.6%
  • Recent additions or other changes

    Votes: 5 11.1%
  • Water clarity or the surface

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Equipment and water movement

    Votes: 1 2.2%
  • Signs of algae, pests, or trouble

    Votes: 3 6.7%
  • I just enjoy the whole scene

    Votes: 5 11.1%
  • Other (Post in the comments)

    Votes: 3 6.7%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new