Refugiums are key.

  • Thread starter Thread starter kentofms
  • Start date Start date
  • Tagged users Tagged users None

kentofms

Community Member
View Badges
Joined
Sep 16, 2014
Messages
30
Reaction score
6
Location
United States
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
ImageUploadedByREEF2REEF1421306991.563819.jpg
mine contains chaeto, cualerpa, mangrove, hermits, brittle stars, Copepoda, and a filter sock. Illuminated by 23w 5k led and 500 gph return.
 
I've always thought mangroves look cool in a fuge just not sure how much of a nutrient export it provides compared to chaeto and other macroalgaes. Did you add it for looks or do you think having an assortment of things in your refugium helps? I just have a couple different macros in mine.
 
They grow to slow to work as a nutrient reducer but they look cool when well maintained:)
 
Personally wouldn't run a tank without one! The stronger the root system the better nutrient export with the mangroves!
 
I don't run a fuge and am very happy with my system. The only reason I would have to run one would be looks - and I admit they can look really nice. Aside from that I don't have a reason to consider one.
 
Well........I don't know about "Key", but certainly "Help". I have a dedicated refugium full of macro, and phosphates and nitrates have been zero since it went up 4 years ago.
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHAT DO YOU USUALLY CHECK FIRST WHEN YOU LOOK AT YOUR REEF?

  • A particular fish I enjoy watching

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • The fish population—making sure everyone is accounted for

    Votes: 2 11.1%
  • Coral extension, color, or growth

    Votes: 8 44.4%
  • Recent additions or other changes

    Votes: 3 16.7%
  • Water clarity or the surface

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Equipment and water movement

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Signs of algae, pests, or trouble

    Votes: 1 5.6%
  • I just enjoy the whole scene

    Votes: 2 11.1%
  • Other (Post in the comments)

    Votes: 2 11.1%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new