Regal tang infection

Mjrenz

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hi i did a dip nothing came off...i have her in qt shes looking a bit better..but u know what they are like for playing dead ...only treatment i could get locally was api melafix & pimafix ..using both as recommended...goin to get a good look at her tomorrow...feeding her brineshrimp& garlic..plus algae wafers ...thanx for asking...lost an emperor last week but think she was attacked as she looked ok to me..
If you are dealing with velvet the treatments you're using aren't going to help, it's likely that the freshwater dip has offered her some relief. She needs to be treated with copper, Read this, velvet is a very serious disease
https://www.reef2reef.com/threads/velvet-amyloodinium-ocellatum.217570/

LAReefer4Life

Lover of Angelfish
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hi i did a dip nothing came off...i have her in qt shes looking a bit better..but u know what they are like for playing dead ...only treatment i could get locally was api melafix & pimafix ..using both as recommended...goin to get a good look at her tomorrow...feeding her brineshrimp& garlic..plus algae wafers ...thanx for asking...lost an emperor last week but think she was attacked as she looked ok to me..

Sorry for your loss :( Glad she is looking better. However the treatments selected won't eradicate the parasite. It might put a temporary bandaid on the situation but you'll need to treat with copper.

https://www.reef2reef.com/threads/fish-disease-index-pictorial-guide.285708/

ngoodermuth

5000 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
+1^

Also, velvet can kill by attacking the gills, even before outward signs show. ALL fish in the DT would need treated as well, regardless of symptoms. If you don’t move quickly, there is a good chance the angel’s death may very well be the first of many :(

Algae invading algae: Have you had unwanted algae in your good macroalgae?

• I regularly have unwanted algae in my macroalgae.

Votes: 44 35.2%
  • I occasionally have unwanted algae in my macroalgae.

Votes: 27 21.6%
  • I rarely have unwanted algae in my macroalgae.

Votes: 9 7.2%
  • I never have unwanted algae in my macroalgae.

Votes: 10 8.0%
  • I don’t have macroalgae.

Votes: 31 24.8%
  • Other.

Votes: 4 3.2%
Back