Reliable, durable ATO?

_Jake_Simek_

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Pump failed to kick on, after phone support with Neptune they created a couple virtual outlets to watch the performance and it worked fine for a month or two then it did it again. If I have to set up a support ticket every other month or so it’s not worth it to me. Nothing against Neptune system my whole system is run by it and my experience with support has been good.
that's very odd. Apex does have its issues sometimes for sure. My entire tank runs off it reliably but it does have some funky issues like that.

CK00020

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I do have to say I have a tune 3155 and have had nothing but problems since I bought it, so maybe a defective sensor from new. I have to screw with it 3-4 times a week minimum.

tsharpe291

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
that's very odd. Apex does have its issues sometimes for sure. My entire tank runs off it reliably but it does have some funky issues like that.
I agree, my apex works great and I have a lot of stuff on it, atk just didn’t cut it for me. I’m sure you’ll make an informed decision and one day you’ll be posting your experiences with whatever you choose.

Lps_lover12

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have the kamoer ato one SE and love it. Have had it for about a year now and never had any issues. It’s not that popular and I was nervous getting it at first because there’s not much out there on it but it’s been working perfectly for me

signal7

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have an Avast and SpectraPure Ultra-Precise ATO. Both are rock-solid.

Last edited:

Kodski

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Tunze Osmolator 3155

I run my dry almost weekly for the last year. I bought it used, lord only knows how old it was, and it's still kicking strong.

Kodski

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have the kamoer ato one SE and love it. Have had it for about a year now and never had any issues. It’s not that popular and I was nervous getting it at first because there’s not much out there on it but it’s been working perfectly for me
I wonder why it's not more popular. Kamoer is a name brand many people trust with their dosing pumps. In fact I just bought their AWC system which comes with the ATO built in and I was considering sticking with my Tunze ATO. Its good to hear some positive feed back on their ATO system.

Lps_lover12

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I wonder why it's not more popular. Kamoer is a name brand many people trust with their dosing pumps. In fact I just bought their AWC system which comes with the ATO built in and I was considering sticking with my Tunze ATO. Its good to hear some positive feed back on their ATO system.
I wonder that too for that exact reason. I was also looking at their AWC but it doesn’t work for me in my current place. Tank is on the third floor of a 3 story house so have no where to put waste water and clean water. It seems well built

jimfish98

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Possibly more of a vent than a request (though I am looking for a solid recommendation), but what is the deal with XP Aqua ATOs? I swore by them for a while and now the quality seems to have taken a turn for the worst. Either that or I've had EXTREMELY bad luck.

I've had 6 Duettos in a row that have failed just outside of warranty and after contacting XP Aqua about it I get the same thing..."If your unit isn't under warranty you can buy a replacement for $X". All 6 of the failures have been due to the sensor/controller combo having an issue. I make sure to keep the sensors clean and free of algae and any other build up. Two of the 6 have been stuck "on" and kept pumping the tank full of water, the other 4 seems to be the sensors getting stuck "off" and refuse to pump any water. I know it's not the pumps because I've checked them with the only Duetto that I currently have working and all of the pumps work just fine when the controller/sensor call for water. So I'm at a loss here...

What do you guys use and recommend? For the price that these are I expect them to last longer than just outside of their warranty.
In the same boat. First it wasn't filling, clean the sensor and power cycle it and it fills. After it fills, it failed to work again. Cleaned it, power cycled it, worked once and failed again. Cleaned and power cycled it a third time, stuck in on position. Warranty claims my tube is too close to the sensor and creating bubbles/algae based on a single photo. It doesn't hit the sensor, missed the part where I told them I cleaned it three times, and that it goes off even when completely submerged under water and has to be unplugged to stop it. Advised I could mail it in at my cost for testing and to send the receipt. So at 3 months old my ATO is failed and I have to pay to mail it in which is dumb in itself, but what irks me the most is it is all the same person. Sales, Customer Service, Warranty team....its all the same guy working out of his house. I guess when he walks over to his testing bench he loses all access to his emails.

SteveMM62Reef

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have three Prism ATO’s. Simple, to the point, only four parts. Optical Sensor, 12Vdc Pump, Transformer and Cable. I’m neglect about cleaning the sensors, I’ve run pumps dry, haven’t had a failure yet. Sometimes the Sensor gets pushed down, solved that by Super Gluing an “O” Ring where the external magnet needs to be. They are on my 29 G AIO, 65 G Sump, 120 G Sump. Made a little Spray bar on my 65 G Sump to Rinse Salt Creep! BTW, The Sensor is the exact same ones they’ve used on Commercial Ice Machines, for over 20 years.

Back