Removing Sailfin Tang From QT

jackalexander

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I just did a full 30 day Copper Power treatment on my sailfin tang and he’s been very healthy throughout the entire process. Is it safe to move him from the QT to my DT without completely removing the copper from the QT? I did a W/C yesterday so copper is sitting around 1.25 ppm. If so, how long should I acclimate him for? Thanks!

CD16041F-E780-4500-AD0F-E3810F638118.jpeg

vetteguy53081

Well known Member and monster tank lover
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
13   0   0
Should be safe. Place it in a bucket of tank water (as a rinse with the copper) and leave in there for 15 mins ( same as acclimating to the new water) and do your transfer

OP
OP
jackalexander

jackalexander

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Should be safe. Place it in a bucket of tank water (as a rinse with the copper) and leave in there for 15 mins ( same as acclimating to the new water) and do your transfer
Place him in a bucket of my DT water? Don’t use the QT water? sorry for all of the questions, just don’t want him to get sick during the transfer.

vetteguy53081

Well known Member and monster tank lover
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
13   0   0
Place him in a bucket of my DT water? Don’t use the QT water? sorry for all of the questions, just don’t want him to get sick during the transfer.
Questions good. I state tank water as it is a rinse but mainly introducing it prematurely to the new environment water. Will eleiminate acclimation. In many cases QT water and tank water differ and aquarists will drop fish right in whereas PH, salinity will differ in many cases. Additionally rinsing in qt water still contains copper.

OP
OP
jackalexander

jackalexander

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Questions good. I state tank water as it is a rinse but mainly introducing it prematurely to the new environment water. Will eleiminate acclimation. In many cases QT water and tank water differ and aquarists will drop fish right in whereas PH, salinity will differ in many cases. Additionally rinsing in qt water still contains copper.
will do! Thank you!

A worm with high fashion and practical utility: Have you ever kept feather dusters in your reef aquarium?

• I currently have feather dusters in my tank.

Votes: 64 36.8%
  • Not currently, but I have had feather dusters in my tank in the past.

Votes: 59 33.9%
  • I have not had feather dusters, but I hope to in the future.

Votes: 25 14.4%
  • I have no plans to have feather dusters in my tank.

Votes: 26 14.9%
  • Other.

Votes: 0 0.0%
Back