Removing Vermetid snails on old rock

bshake

Active Member
View Badges
Joined
Sep 5, 2022
Messages
359
Reaction score
104
Location
New York City
What state or country do you live in
New York
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hey everyone
My 125 gallon aquarium just popped so I’m starting over. My rocks a mix of caribsea and marco rock but are infested with tiny vermetid snails. People say needle nose pliers are the best thing to get rid of them issue is it’s way to many. Any other solution to dissolve their shells? Citric acid, vinegar, bleach?
 
If you're not worried about the rock, i.e. letting it dry to kill off everything just take a spoon, metal scraper, screwdriver etc and they should come off. Any type of acid etc will degrade the rock itself.
 
If you're not worried about the rock, i.e. letting it dry to kill off everything just take a spoon, metal scraper, screwdriver etc and they should come off. Any type of acid etc will degrade the rock itself.
It’s so many on there it would take days and days on top of that I won’t be able to remove them all. I want in there with needle nose pliers and took an hour and change removing them from one rock. I need to get the old tank up because all my corals are in a plastic bin and are definitely not happy
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHICH FLOW PROBLEM IS HARDEST TO SOLVE IN YOUR REEF?

  • Eliminating dead spots

    Votes: 9 25.0%
  • Keeping sand from blowing around

    Votes: 5 13.9%
  • Balancing flow for different coral types

    Votes: 9 25.0%
  • Creating random or turbulent movement

    Votes: 2 5.6%
  • Finding effective pump placement

    Votes: 1 2.8%
  • Managing noise or vibration

    Votes: 2 5.6%
  • Keeping pumps hidden and accessible

    Votes: 2 5.6%
  • I still feel like I’m mostly guessing

    Votes: 6 16.7%
  • Other (Comment in the thread)

    Votes: 0 0.0%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new