Renton's Evolution from 200 to 440 gallons

Love following this thread!!
 
After a long period of not having any Chaeto in my refugium (it was killed off way back when I was using biopellets) I added some two days ago and set the lighting period to 8pm to 8am. Its well documented that this helps limit the PH drop of a system at night, but its still fun to see the effect. So, here is a graph of my PH over the past few days.

6XWMbjvh.png


Another note about my PH. I started adding 3.5 liters kalkwasser per day as part of the top off. The effect on PH was strong enough that I decided to stop the CO2 scrubber for the time being.

I plan to focus on using Chaeto as a major component of my nirtrate/phosphate export. I plan to having a hefty fuge for it in my next system.
 
I have gotten into serious tank upgrade planning. I am shooting to switch out the current tanks and install the new tanks in late July/early August.

Part of that planning involves selling the display tank/stand/sump and the frag tank/stand. If anyone is interested in these tanks let me know!

looking forward to seeing the upgrade
 
A local reefer made some awesome knitted fish. My Achillies tang was not thrilled with this one:




I think she takes requests on fish she will knitt. Here is my daughter with a couple more that we got.

tKAT9ijh.jpg

Those are awesome!
 

WHICH TYPE OF REEF CONTENT MOST OFTEN GETS YOU TO PARTICIPATE?

  • Daniel's daily polls. They're awesome! 😎

    Votes: 5 38.5%
  • A real troubleshooting problem

    Votes: 4 30.8%
  • Build-thread or tank-update posts

    Votes: 3 23.1%
  • Before-and-after progress photos

    Votes: 2 15.4%
  • Beginner questions

    Votes: 3 23.1%
  • Honest success or failure stories

    Votes: 3 23.1%
  • A post, update, or article from my favorite vendor

    Votes: 4 30.8%
  • Detailed how-to or educational discussions

    Votes: 5 38.5%
  • Tank tours and member showcases

    Votes: 4 30.8%
  • Local events, swaps, or meetups

    Votes: 2 15.4%
  • Other (Post in the comments)

    Votes: 3 23.1%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new