Renton's Evolution from 200 to 440 gallons

bubbaque

Follow me on Instagram @ Bubbaquecorals
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Love the progress pics. I just had new tile put in to get ready for my tank this week.

What’s your plans for the floor under the current tanks. Put everything in those tubs and then move the tanks?

OP
OP
Renton777

Renton777

Polyp Nipper
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Love the progress pics. I just had new tile put in to get ready for my tank this week.

What’s your plans for the floor under the current tanks. Put everything in those tubs and then move the tanks?

Yep, moving the current tanks to the other side of the room. I have a crew coming to help me on August 15th. We are draining and emptying the current tanks, moving them and setting it all back up. Its going to be a huge task but I am hoping we can do it in a day....a very long day.

Then the tile will go in there and be all set for when the new tanks arrive. I will get them setup and let them mature a bit before moving the fish and corals to the new system. So that room is going to be a bunch a fish tanks for a month or two, I am trying to mentally prepare my wife for that.....:)

OP
OP
Renton777

Renton777

Polyp Nipper
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Well, the big tank move day is tomorrow. Got a good crew coming over to help tear the tanks down and then set them back up on the other side of the room. It should be an interesting experience........

Estimate for the new tanks arrival is the end of August :)

TNUVB0Yh.jpg

tJllkL6h.jpg

OP
OP
Renton777

Renton777

Polyp Nipper
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Well holy smokes......that was quite a project. Huge thanks to the group that helped out, I could not have done it without them. We were able to get the live stock out into the bins, drain the tanks, move them by lifting a bit, then getting them on moving blankets and sliding them. The display tank was able to stay on the stand and the sump stayed in the stand.

It was a very long day but I think most of us enjoyed it. There were no emergencies or "ut oh" monents.

Tomorrow I will tear out the remaining carpet and prep the floors and the tile guy will come Monday and by Wednesday the tile should be done!

Now here is hoping we didn't upset the bio logical balance of the system too much. I am planning on doing a lot of water changes over the next week to help with the disruption.

y1nTFc2h.jpg

t1Ar30xh.jpg

WDJNIaph.jpg

bOML5d7h.jpg

4Ti66h2h.jpg

66H3aRTh.jpg

F0UFGAch.jpg

rH6Q72fh.jpg

CTiyzuCh.jpg

q4x1a9wh.jpg

Last edited:
OP
OP
Renton777

Renton777

Polyp Nipper
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Did you give anyone backups of your frags?

More or less, yes. I have sold, traded and given frags of just about every coral in my tank to friends in the area.

Happy to report nothing died over night and all fish except the yellowtail tamarin are out swimming and eating. The yellow tail is still buried in the sand

Irongolem411

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Than came over the help I see

e
Well holy smokes......that was quite a project. Huge thanks to the group that helped out, I could not have done it without them. We were able to get the live stock out into the bins, drain the tanks, move them by lifting a bit, then getting them on moving blankets and sliding them. The display tank was able to stay on the stand and the sump stayed in the stand.

It was a very long day but I think most of us enjoyed it. There were no emergencies or "ut oh" monents.

Tomorrow I will tear out the remaining carpet and prep the floors and the tile guy will come Monday and by Wednesday the tile should be done!

Now here is hoping we didn't upset the bio logical balance of the system too much. I am planning on doing a lot of water changes over the next week to help with the disruption.

y1nTFc2h.jpg

t1Ar30xh.jpg

WDJNIaph.jpg

bOML5d7h.jpg

4Ti66h2h.jpg

66H3aRTh.jpg

F0UFGAch.jpg

rH6Q72fh.jpg

CTiyzuCh.jpg

q4x1a9wh.jpg

OP
OP
Renton777

Renton777

Polyp Nipper
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
You should keep the 200 for a fish only tank.

@Wspangler was one of the guys helping with the tank move. He has been banned from my house by my wife because he said there is room to keep the old tanks AND setup the new tanks. He is not wrong, and it would be totally awesome to do that but my wife said that if I did that I would have to find a new wife . Funny thing is she said the same thing when I started talking about getting new, bigger tanks and now here we are, still married. Maybe she means I am allowed to have two wives? Do you think?

Wrangy

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Wow what an effort mate! So happy to hear things went well and everyone is semi-settled in again :)
I was going to say, does Than ever not wear a shirt and slacks ;Hilarious you guys really let him down, next time I want to see everyone in formal wear so he''s not the odd man out!! haha

Stuck to your aquarium: Do you put reef-related stickers on or around your reef system?

• I have reef-related stickers everywhere!

Votes: 5 2.8%
  • I have some reef-related stickers on or around my reef system.

Votes: 51 28.7%
  • I have some reef-related stickers, but not on my reef system.

Votes: 37 20.8%
  • I don’t have reef-related stickers, but I am interested in getting some.

Votes: 21 11.8%
  • I have no interest in reef-related stickers.

Votes: 62 34.8%
  • Other.

Votes: 2 1.1%
Back