OP
Renton777

Renton777

Polyp Nipper
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
The Blonde Naso tang really enjoys the much higher tank vs his old confines. Lots of swimming up and down and doing laps back and forth

this is me

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
and a great place to hide from the wife and kids.......

2kNaKMLh.jpg

Excellent! Looks nice’n cozy. I dig it.

OP
OP
Renton777

Renton777

Polyp Nipper
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Please excuse the mess, I just finished moving a bunch of corals into the new tank and took the video before cleaning up. King Achilles also made the move today!

I had my first real "Oh, no!" moment. I dipped all of the corals coming out of the old system before they went into the new system. I dipped my DFS Pink Panther little colony for just a couple minutes like all of the other coral. Except when I removed it from the dip it really smelled bad......and totally lost all of its color :( . Hope it pops back in a couple weeks.

OP
OP
Renton777

Renton777

Polyp Nipper
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
My wife had a hair appointment last night and it could not have come at a better time. I had ordered some aquarium room wall decals and they arrived yesterday and I was able to put them up while my wife was gone.....I may have gone a little overboard.

DTLjcXch.jpg

PapLI9uh.jpg

ufVzZ6Ah.jpg

GjjhLr5h.jpg

xtuJaaGh.jpg

gPydoDbh.jpg

My wife came home while I was in the middle of putting up the Kraken decals, I caught her taking a video of it all. I think she sent it to her friends to show them how awesome her husband is.

Last edited:
OP
OP
Renton777

Renton777

Polyp Nipper
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Slowly but surly I am transferring components from the old system to the new system. Over the past few days I got the apex setup, dosing pumps, auto water change, 2xtunze controlled via apex, kalk dosing and carbon reactor. Trying to manage the wires and tubes is quite a bit of work. I will get the Alkatronic running in the next couple of days.

sYFTRkhh.jpg

Also added a light to the refugium.

w70EyyLh.jpg

Mastering the art of locking and unlocking water pathways: What type of valves do you have on your aquarium plumbing?

• Ball valves.

Votes: 31 50.8%
  • Gate valves.

Votes: 33 54.1%
  • Check valves.

Votes: 11 18.0%
  • None.

Votes: 14 23.0%
  • Other.

Votes: 4 6.6%
Back