Renton's Evolution from 200 to 440 gallons

Nate, what did you make your canopy out of? I am ordering the hanging brackets soon and was just curious what material was used to make the canopy.
thanks


corey
 
Nate, what did you make your canopy out of? I am ordering the hanging brackets soon and was just curious what material was used to make the canopy.
thanks


corey

@Wspangler , an acquaintance of mine, actually made it. Hopefully he can chime in.
 
Yellow Tail Tamarin Wrasse

oT5wTOIh.jpg
 
Nathan,
last question (I think). What is the aluminum that you were able to slide the Orpheks into? Where did you get it from and how did you connect the lights to them?

thanks for the link on what was used to build the light canopy. I’ll be grabbing me a piece of that too

corey
 
Nathan,
last question (I think). What is the aluminum that you were able to slide the Orpheks into? Where did you get it from and how did you connect the lights to them?

thanks for the link on what was used to build the light canopy. I’ll be grabbing me a piece of that too

corey


I got black anodized, 1.5” x 1.5” T-slot extrusion rails and black end caps from https://www.alufabinc.com/ . That company made the second set of stands for Tidal Gardens as well as the rails that Tidal Gardens is using on their Atlantiks.

The Atlantiks have screws on the top that slide right into the T-Slots, so that is how mine are attached. To attach the rails I have M8 Screws with washers coming through the wood with Roll-in Spring M8 T Nut attached to them so that they slide right into the top T-slots.

M8 Roll-in Spring T-Slot Nut - https://amzn.to/2FmuQBM
M8 Ring Eye Bolt - https://amzn.to/3jPptd4

Shout out to @Tidal Gardens , I got all the info above from Than when putting together the mounting setup.
 
Great that you were able to transfer over and have no losses and sounds like close to zero issues. Looking forward to watching this new one continue until you upgrade to 1000+ gallons!
 
I call this one @bubbaque 's orphan. He had me snag it for him from a swap I was at in hopes it was a specific coral he was looking for. Turn's out it was not the coral he was looking for. He told me to wrap it up in a little basket and leave it on the door step a the local orphanage. Rather then do that, I have adopted it!

NTEgn63h.jpg
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHAT IS THE BIGGEST REASON YOU ATTEND A FRAG SWAP?

  • Finding unusual or hard-to-find corals

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Better prices than buying online

    Votes: 1 33.3%
  • Trading or selling my own frags

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Meeting other reefers

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Learning from vendors and hobbyists

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Seeing corals in person before buying

    Votes: 1 33.3%
  • Supporting the local reefing community

    Votes: 1 33.3%
  • I don’t have frag swaps nearby

    Votes: 1 33.3%
  • Other (Post in the comments)

    Votes: 0 0.0%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new