Repairing a Neptune DOS

Waboss

Valuable Member
View Badges
Joined
Dec 1, 2014
Messages
2,359
Reaction score
1,061
Location
MD, USA
Rating - 100%
15   0   0
So I have several DOS units that I run on my tanks. I had one that stopped communicating with the Apex, dosing heads still worked using the manual buttons, but coms with the Apex seemed to be dead. It would just sit there with the dreaded flashing white lights.

I figured it might be the communications chip and it turns out, replacing it isn't as bad as I'd worked it up in my head to be. Little prep, couple of minutes with a rework station and I had the new chip installed.

Works like a champ now. I'm going to keep an eye on it though to see if any other issue arise.

Anyway, just thought I'd share, it's a nice victory for me.

This little bugger right here:
1781302389011.png
 
Last edited:
Thank you for sharing this!
 
So have several DOS units that I run on my tanks. I had one that stopped communicating with the Apex, dosing heads still worked using the manual buttons, but coms with the Apex seemed to be dead. It would just sit there with the dreaded flashing white lights.

I figured it might be the communications chip and it turns out, replacing it isn't as bad as I'd worked it up in my head to be. Little prep, couple of minutes with a rework station and I had the new chip installed.

Works like a champ now. I'm going to keep an eye on it though to see if any other issue arise.

Anyway, just thought I'd share, it's a nice victory for me.

This little bugger right here:
1781302389011.png
Nice job!

What type of tools do you need for something like this?
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHAT IS THE LOUDEST PART OF YOUR REEF SYSTEM?

  • Return pump

    Votes: 4 3.4%
  • Powerheads or wavemakers

    Votes: 8 6.8%
  • Protein skimmer

    Votes: 23 19.7%
  • Overflow or drain

    Votes: 37 31.6%
  • Sump vibration or plumbing

    Votes: 1 0.9%
  • Cooling fans

    Votes: 10 8.5%
  • Dosing, ATO, or other equipment

    Votes: 9 7.7%
  • Nothing. My reef is surprisingly quiet

    Votes: 16 13.7%
  • Other (Tell us what makes the noise)

    Votes: 9 7.7%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new