Replacing head tubes on GHL Doser 2

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

SixtyFeetUnder

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have a GHL 2 that has been running for years and I’ve never replaced the head tubes . Two of them look like they are quite retracted so I’m guessing it’s time to replace? Doser 2 users Let me know your thoughts on this and if you have the link to an online manual for instructions to maintenance on Doser heads that would be great!

26F45B0A-0E27-49EE-AD18-89DDBF206948.jpeg

OP
OP
SixtyFeetUnder

SixtyFeetUnder

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I’m not sure why the picture posted upside down but the help is still much appreciated; sorry for the picture!

Hersheyb

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
U can just buy replacement heads with new tubes on the ghl website. I think they were around $30? Not too bad if it has lasted u years

OP
OP
SixtyFeetUnder

SixtyFeetUnder

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Looks like the tubing has slid around. I would do a rebuild on them.
Is it as simple as turning the power off, unscrewing the cover plate and pulling the tube back through? I’ve never had an issue with the heads so I’ve never opened them.

Vinny@GHLUSA

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Each user will replace the heads and tubing at different intervals. It all depends on how often each head is run.

We recommend replacing the tube at least once a year or when it starts to become discolored. The heads can last a couple years before needing replacement. It all comes down to how often the moving parts are cleaned and maintained. If too much dirt and dust is allowed to accumulate, the parts will not last long. Another indicator would be the noise they make when the motor runs. If it's noticeably louder even after cleaning, then it's time for a replacement head.

OP
OP
SixtyFeetUnder

SixtyFeetUnder

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Each user will replace the heads and tubing at different intervals. It all depends on how often each head is run.

We recommend replacing the tube at least once a year or when it starts to become discolored. The heads can last a couple years before needing replacement. It all comes down to how often the moving parts are cleaned and maintained. If too much dirt and dust is allowed to accumulate, the parts will not last long. Another indicator would be the noise they make when the motor runs. If it's noticeably louder even after cleaning, then it's time for a replacement head.
Thanks Vinny; I have several of the tubes on hand and will replace. Can you send a link to the instruction manual online so i make sure I’m following proper procedure? Thanks again for your help with getting Connect and myGHL working; your support is super helpful.

Vinny@GHLUSA

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
1. Pinch the side-clips of the head and pull towards you to remove the head
2. Pinch the upper and lower clips and pull upwards to open the head
3. Remove parts and replace with the new ones

OP
OP
SixtyFeetUnder

SixtyFeetUnder

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
1. Pinch the side-clips of the head and pull towards you to remove the head
2. Pinch the upper and lower clips and pull upwards to open the head
3. Remove parts and replace with the new ones
Vinny - Thanks so much for the help; can‘t believe it was that easy to replace the tubing. All of the heads cleaned and tubing replaced in 15 minutes. I will keep up with yearly changing moving forward but I have to say those heads ran for 4 1/2 years on their first tubes. I run them 8 times per day at different intervals so that’s over 13,000 doses between changing tubes without the heads ever having a glitch... I will keep using your Doser

Cali9dub

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
Vinny - Thanks so much for the help; can‘t believe it was that easy to replace the tubing. All of the heads cleaned and tubing replaced in 15 minutes. I will keep up with yearly changing moving forward but I have to say those heads ran for 4 1/2 years on their first tubes. I run them 8 times per day at different intervals so that’s over 13,000 doses between changing tubes without the heads ever having a glitch... I will keep using your Doser
How did you get the tubes in the pump head? Feed them in from one end or just cram them in there? Seems like a very tight fit !!

OP
OP
SixtyFeetUnder

SixtyFeetUnder

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
How did you get the tubes in the pump head? Feed them in from one end or just cram them in there? Seems like a very tight fit !!
What Vinny said below worked easily. I was nervous I would break the heads but they seemed less fragile than I feared. It was honestly a breeze after taking them off carefully to make sure I didn’t break a clip.

Fusion in reefing: How do you feel about grafted corals?

• I strongly prefer grafted corals and I seek them out to put in my tank.

Votes: 3 4.7%
  • I find grafted corals appealing and would be open to having them in my tank.

Votes: 37 57.8%
  • I am indifferent about grafted corals and am not enthusiastic about having them in my tank.

Votes: 17 26.6%
  • I have reservations about grafted corals and would generally avoid having them in my tank.

Votes: 5 7.8%
  • I have a negative perception and would avoid having grafted corals in my tank.

Votes: 2 3.1%
Back