Replacing one in a pair of CBS?

  • Thread starter Thread starter PranK
  • Start date Start date
  • Tagged users Tagged users None

PranK

Active Member
View Badges
Joined
Jan 28, 2018
Messages
234
Reaction score
293
Location
Sydney. Australia
What state or country do you live in
Australia
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hi Guys,

I had a mated pair of CBS for many years. Maybe as long as 7 or 8 years.

Unfortunately not long ago, one of them died and now I have only a single CBS in my tank.

What I'm wondering is if I can introduce a 2nd to the tank in a hope to get them to pair. From what I've read this wont work and they'll likely end up trying to kill each other.

I know I'm applying human thinking to an invert, but the poor bugger looks lonely!

Thanks in advance.
 
You could try but your probably right in thinking it wont work out...
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHAT IS THE LOUDEST PART OF YOUR REEF SYSTEM?

  • Return pump

    Votes: 9 5.4%
  • Powerheads or wavemakers

    Votes: 12 7.2%
  • Protein skimmer

    Votes: 27 16.3%
  • Overflow or drain

    Votes: 57 34.3%
  • Sump vibration or plumbing

    Votes: 2 1.2%
  • Cooling fans

    Votes: 11 6.6%
  • Dosing, ATO, or other equipment

    Votes: 11 6.6%
  • Nothing. My reef is surprisingly quiet

    Votes: 25 15.1%
  • Other (Tell us what makes the noise)

    Votes: 12 7.2%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new