Replacing Pistol Shrimp

His Coral Highness

Active Member
View Badges
Joined
Dec 9, 2022
Messages
267
Reaction score
302
Location
Charleston, SC
What state or country do you live in
South Carolina
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have a 16 gallon mixed reef tank that already has a pincushion urchin, fire shrimp, coco worms, rock flowers, and a couple of snails. I also have a pistol shrimp. Unfortunately the pistol shrimp never comes out during the day and loves to grab corals and pull them into its lair at night (even when glued down). I'm thinking of trading it in and getting something else that will be fun to watch. I don't have a huge algae problem (hair algae every once in a while) and mostly want something that will be active (not hide all day) and won't hurt my corals (zoas, xenia, candy canes, duncans, GSP). Eating hair algae would just be a bonus. Any suggestions?
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

HOW DO YOU USUALLY MOVE WATER DURING A WATER CHANGE?

  • Buckets

    Votes: 2 10.5%
  • A siphon or gravel-vac hose

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • A pump and hose

    Votes: 4 21.1%
  • A dedicated mixing station

    Votes: 1 5.3%
  • A plumbed or automated system

    Votes: 3 15.8%
  • A combination of these

    Votes: 9 47.4%
  • Whatever container is clean at the time

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Water changes? We don't need no stinkin' water changes!

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Other (Post in the comments)

    Votes: 0 0.0%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new