Replacing toadstool mount

  • Thread starter Thread starter Asm481
  • Start date Start date
  • Tagged users Tagged users None

Asm481

Active Member
View Badges
Joined
Jul 23, 2022
Messages
304
Reaction score
281
Location
Kenosha
What state or country do you live in
Wisconsin
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I am not looking to frag this Toadstool at this point but the fake rock that it came attached to is forever growing Bryopsis and I want to rid it from my tank. I have already soaked the rock in H2O2 with only the slightest bit of the coral exposed. That worked for a couple weeks and now the algae reappears. So my question here is, can I cut the stem close to this plug and glue the stem to another rock? I know if I were fragging I would rubber band chunks to rock but not quite what I want here now. I have mounted stoney coral frags but never tried to glue a leather.
 
Gluing wont work. You would need to rubber band it or put it in a basket with low flow for it to attach just like if you were fragging
 
I am not looking to frag this Toadstool at this point but the fake rock that it came attached to is forever growing Bryopsis and I want to rid it from my tank. I have already soaked the rock in H2O2 with only the slightest bit of the coral exposed. That worked for a couple weeks and now the algae reappears. So my question here is, can I cut the stem close to this plug and glue the stem to another rock? I know if I were fragging I would rubber band chunks to rock but not quite what I want here now. I have mounted stoney coral frags but never tried to glue a leather.
Glueing any soft coral is a bad idea, these guys attach themselves for the most part, it’s like anemones, you don’t glue them and let them attach on their own.
As said above, either rubber band it against the rock or put it in a low flow area and let it attach on its own.
 
I did this when my toadstool had a parasitic snail in its base, I chopped it off and then propped it up with one rock, onto a new rock in a low flow area and it attached in 2 days! Was surprised it was so fast, hopefully yours would be too
 
yes you can cut it at the stem, I did it when my tank was infested with blue cloves.
I used cooking twine to loosely tie it down to a rock, it took about 3 weeks for it to attach to the rock.
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHAT IS THE LOUDEST PART OF YOUR REEF SYSTEM?

  • Return pump

    Votes: 9 5.6%
  • Powerheads or wavemakers

    Votes: 11 6.8%
  • Protein skimmer

    Votes: 27 16.7%
  • Overflow or drain

    Votes: 56 34.6%
  • Sump vibration or plumbing

    Votes: 2 1.2%
  • Cooling fans

    Votes: 11 6.8%
  • Dosing, ATO, or other equipment

    Votes: 11 6.8%
  • Nothing. My reef is surprisingly quiet

    Votes: 24 14.8%
  • Other (Tell us what makes the noise)

    Votes: 11 6.8%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new