Requesting help identifying a potential issue in refugium macro algae

ultraArcite

Active Member
View Badges
Joined
Apr 10, 2021
Messages
256
Reaction score
255
Location
Clermont
What state or country do you live in
Florida
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hi everyone,

I have Sea Lettuce and Chaeto in my refugium (there are some other things in there if you wanna check out my build thread). I've started noticing these white, hair-like clumps in my sea lettuce. Can anyone identify this? Is it something I should be concerned about?

IMG_0801(1).JPG
 
Thank you for the reply! Most sponges are good right? Should I be concerned? I QT'd everything but the algae, so I guess it came from my chaeto...
It doesn't look like anything bad. Sponge is usually not a bad sign and it doesn't look like it is going to choke out your macroalgae just happily growing a long with it eating off the same nutrients. :) I would consider pulling it out anyway when you prune back the macro because I'm sure the sponge will still grow back.
 
Upvote 0

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHAT DO YOU USUALLY CHECK FIRST WHEN YOU LOOK AT YOUR REEF?

  • A particular fish I enjoy watching

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • The fish population—making sure everyone is accounted for

    Votes: 3 12.5%
  • Coral extension, color, or growth

    Votes: 11 45.8%
  • Recent additions or other changes

    Votes: 3 12.5%
  • Water clarity or the surface

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Equipment and water movement

    Votes: 1 4.2%
  • Signs of algae, pests, or trouble

    Votes: 1 4.2%
  • I just enjoy the whole scene

    Votes: 3 12.5%
  • Other (Post in the comments)

    Votes: 2 8.3%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new