retrofit led lighting

flatsout1171

New Member
View Badges
Joined
Sep 8, 2016
Messages
18
Reaction score
0
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have a jbj 28 nano cube with the intermediate lights. I want to upgrade to a something better.been looking on the web and nobody seems to make a kit to retrofit anymore cause of lack of demand? don't want to take the hood off its the wifes tank and she wants the hood to stay on no execptions.....hahaha. any help on this I would appreciate thanks
 
Hola,
Depends on the diy level. Do you want on of or ramping etc... You can stuff some of the higher end fixtures in the hood but you need the correct size.
They do make retro fits too.
heres one http://proledsupply.com/contents/en-us/d2.html

with some of the pucks you will have to consider the lenses as the array is generally smaller.
http://blog.marinedepot.com/2015/03/BioCube-Hacks-6-Easy-Ways-to-Upgrade-Your-Nano-Aquarium.html

I bought ai SOL's they are 12in x 6in. that might fir it under the plastic cover too. but youd have to pull the lenses and cover. That would have the heat sink ramping etc. But be careful it a very powerful light.
 
Man my notifications are not good.
I don't like the jbj Cole and spectrum. At the same intensity I should have had a lot more par.
I would go custom or retro from a good shop. Sigh. Avoid jbj lights.
There. I said it.
Now I'm sad. That was the bummer about the cube overall.
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHAT DOES YOUR REEFING AREA LOOK LIKE BETWEEN MAINTENANCE SESSIONS?

  • Clean and tidy—everything gets put away

    Votes: 12 36.4%
  • Mostly cleaned up, but a few tools stay out

    Votes: 9 27.3%
  • Organized chaos—I know where everything is

    Votes: 6 18.2%
  • Enter at your own risk! Buckets, hoses, and towels are basically permanent fixtures

    Votes: 3 9.1%
  • It depends on where I am in the maintenance cycle...

    Votes: 2 6.1%
  • The tsunami hit. Hard.

    Votes: 1 3.0%
  • A different take... (Post in the comments)

    Votes: 0 0.0%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new