Returning with 65g build

Definitely looks like part of the ugly phase. Likely diatoms or dinos. Diatoms is most likely culprit in my opinion.

How fresh is the RO membrane and DI resin in your RODI?
Well the entire system is only about a little over a month old the resin hasn’t even began to change colors. How would I go about checking my RO water to see if there is an issue with it?
 
I will get back to you on that. I’ll order a tds meter and check it when it arrives
A TRM1 is a good choice for a typically configured RODI.
I will have to pick one of those up. In the mean time the handheld meter I got read my rodi water shown #1 tds the regular tap was #80+. I forgot to check waste water.
 
20261001_145027_02F9B65E-0A0F-4B96-BFF8-FBC0EE227030.png

I mean for the most part the tank is coming along great. I think I wanna add some more LR to sorta elevate the height of the two “islands” into a higher par area for more light dominant corals I just can’t seem to find the right sized LR. Actually think I might just use dry rock I’m unsure about it currently.
 

WHAT IS THE LOUDEST PART OF YOUR REEF SYSTEM?

  • Return pump

    Votes: 4 5.6%
  • Powerheads or wavemakers

    Votes: 5 7.0%
  • Protein skimmer

    Votes: 14 19.7%
  • Overflow or drain

    Votes: 21 29.6%
  • Sump vibration or plumbing

    Votes: 1 1.4%
  • Cooling fans

    Votes: 9 12.7%
  • Dosing, ATO, or other equipment

    Votes: 3 4.2%
  • Nothing. My reef is surprisingly quiet

    Votes: 8 11.3%
  • Other (Tell us what makes the noise)

    Votes: 6 8.5%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new