Returning with 65g build

Definitely looks like part of the ugly phase. Likely diatoms or dinos. Diatoms is most likely culprit in my opinion.

How fresh is the RO membrane and DI resin in your RODI?
Well the entire system is only about a little over a month old the resin hasn’t even began to change colors. How would I go about checking my RO water to see if there is an issue with it?
 
I will get back to you on that. I’ll order a tds meter and check it when it arrives
A TRM1 is a good choice for a typically configured RODI.
I will have to pick one of those up. In the mean time the handheld meter I got read my rodi water shown #1 tds the regular tap was #80+. I forgot to check waste water.
 
20261001_145027_02F9B65E-0A0F-4B96-BFF8-FBC0EE227030.png

I mean for the most part the tank is coming along great. I think I wanna add some more LR to sorta elevate the height of the two “islands” into a higher par area for more light dominant corals I just can’t seem to find the right sized LR. Actually think I might just use dry rock I’m unsure about it currently.
 
I will have to pick one of those up. In the mean time the handheld meter I got read my rodi water shown #1 tds the regular tap was #80+. I forgot to check waste water.
You want to check in three places:
1.tap water
2.RO water
3.DI water
(not "waste water")
 
Need some advice on flow.
I recently went and bought a gyre for my tank thinking it would help better with flow across the tank as a whole and help with any dead spots. It certainly helps and has improved the flow going from 2 hyggre mini powerheads. Mac flow of the gyre is close to 2000gph however I’m having a difficult time finding placement that keeps everyone happy. I’ll attach a picture of the tank just to see what yall recommend. Between the return pump and the gyre I don’t wanna blast the tank with a lot of flow

Also included a video of the inhabitants and their tank placement.
20261009_182013_4724317B-6782-4FE8-9E35-24EF4D4AEBD3.png
 
And you keep moving it around or how long has it been in its current position? I'd give it a day or two in one spot and see how the corals respond after they get used to it. If it's been a couple of days already maybe turn it down a bit and see how the corals react?
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHAT DO YOU USUALLY CHECK FIRST WHEN YOU LOOK AT YOUR REEF?

  • A particular fish I enjoy watching

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • The fish population—making sure everyone is accounted for

    Votes: 3 12.5%
  • Coral extension, color, or growth

    Votes: 11 45.8%
  • Recent additions or other changes

    Votes: 3 12.5%
  • Water clarity or the surface

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Equipment and water movement

    Votes: 1 4.2%
  • Signs of algae, pests, or trouble

    Votes: 1 4.2%
  • I just enjoy the whole scene

    Votes: 3 12.5%
  • Other (Post in the comments)

    Votes: 2 8.3%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new