Reverse light cycle for my system

((FORDTECH))

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hello was wondering if I could get some opinions on which of my tanks and refugiums should have reverse light cycle compaired to my display in my multi tank setup.

Tank and light setups all in same system using same sump:

-120gallon display with 2 g5 x30s Pros over it
-xlarge cpr hangon back refug with cpr light
-60 Gallon frag tank with 2 g5 x30 blue over it
-20 gallon home made refug with kessil h380

that will make total of 6 different tanks with lights over them in same system. 2 normal tanks and 4 refugiums.

right now I have display Tank on during day and frag tank and all refugium lights on at night when display turns off. I was considering to have display and frag tank on durning day and 4 refug then on at night but did not do this cause I felt having 2 x30 onduring day and 2 at night would help with ph swing but it does not really seem to help and ph seems to be low but still in normal range at 7.9. If I had all 4 x30 on-during day I’d assume daytime ph would rise even more but then would the 4 refugium keep it-at that higher ph during night hours. Anyways any info would be appreciated. Thanks guys

OP
OP
((FORDTECH))

((FORDTECH))

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Not necessarily a problem But I feel if this was done right ph could be better

HuduVudu

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I think with what you have done already if you still have a ph issue it has nothing to do with lighting. If that is the case maybe you need to look elsewhere.

Mostly I never really bother with ph but because I had a probe with my Apex and I wanted to test other things for ph I put the probe on my tank. It was enlightening. My ph shot up when I opened the window near my aquarium. I also saw a rise in ph when I was able to raise my alkalinity. IMHO ph in the big scheme of things is in and of itself not that important and because there are so many factors that go into ph it can be very hard to discern what factor might be affecting it. I would only be concerned if you are seeing problems in your tanks, and then I would use ph as part of a group of factors that help point you in the right direction.

Hope that helps :)

Making aqua concoctions: Have you ever tried the Reef Moonshiner Method?

• I currently use the moonshiner method.

Votes: 48 20.8%
  • I don’t currently use the moonshiner method, but I have in the past.

Votes: 4 1.7%
  • I have not used the moonshiner method.

Votes: 167 72.3%
  • Other.

Votes: 12 5.2%
Back