0   0   0
So this is what I have:
White - 14 LEDs
R blue - 14
Green - 2
Red - 2
"UV" - 12
cyan - 4

I understand the debate between having color in there or not but I will be using the green and deep red to see if I like it.
Here is what I thought I'd try as my lay out. I will probably switch out one or two of the UV next to the green and red for cyan.

IMAG0092.jpg

sent from my phone.

Last edited:

jm23

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
If it was me, I would trade all the UV for Blue (Not royal blue, just blue) and I might add some Warm White or Neutral White to complete the spectrum. GL.

OP
OP
S

Swine

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Thanks for the feedback! You would have 12 royal blue and 12 blue? That is a thought, I do want the whole spectrum but I am not a big fan of the all blue tanks. I like it looking a little more natural. I'd like to add warm white but then I would remove some of the cool white ones because I need 1.5A on the drive to run them :/

Forgot to mention I'm putting 4 moonlight LEDs in there too. But that will be morning, evening and night only.

Last edited:

rajkovich207

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Alright well here goes my .02, sorry if its a bit long winded, also before you change anything pm jedimasterben, I was looking at his builds last night and they were AMAZING he offered several times to help others with their builds. Currently I am running 24 of the cheap bridgelux LEDs with no optics over a biocube 29. I went from 14RB, 8 "10k" (I put that in "" because they have no visable blue to them like a true 10k would, they are the color of the t5 bulbs found in ceilings like at a dentist. And according to Steve's LEDs (awesome guy btw) bridgelux is known for this very thing, passing of their 10k blend even though they aren't true 10k), and 2 uv bulbs ( all ordered from aquastyleonline if it matters to you, it does to some for the reason just mentioned), and changed that to, 12RB, 4 warm whites (advertised as 2700-3200k), 1 red, 1 green and 2 uvs. In the week or two I've had the "full spectrum" with the swapped out LEDs the difference in colors coming out of my corals is worlds of a difference from what they were. IMO you have WAY to many uvs, replace them with rb as suggested or even the warm whites. Next depending on your tank size and height of the fixture, 2 red and greens will be a visual over kill, on my newest build I have 1 red 3 rb and 4 "10k's" and there is a super deep red shimmer on everything, fixture is about 3" from the rim of that tank and I believe 14" from sand bed, with the reef having one of each I had to turn that channel way down to avoid the same thing but with an added green shimmer (worked out for the better as I was burning my corals lol) so I would only do one of each. I think that about covers everything but I will add more if I think of it. Gl!!!

Keeping it clean: Have you used a filter roller?

• I currently use a filter roller.

Votes: 63 34.4%
  • I don’t currently use a filter roller, but I have in the past.

Votes: 6 3.3%
  • I have never used a filter roller, but I plan to in the future.

Votes: 48 26.2%
  • I have never used a filter roller and have no plans to in the future.

Votes: 58 31.7%
  • Other.

Votes: 8 4.4%
Back