revhtree

revhtree

Owner Administrator
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
Ok that's some good info to know!

So I think I have settled on building a tank room. So now I need to figure out all the needs for that.

-Extra Breaker Box
-Flooring
-Walls
-Lighting for the room

Oh man this is going to be so much fun!

Battlecorals

Aquaculturist
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
2   0   0
Could you guys go ahead and give me some ideas on a industrial humidifier?

I'm pretty confident I am going to build a room around the tank. That whole work room area is heated and cooled so I will run duct to the tank room. Y'all see a problem with that?

This is the brand I've got and it works really well. Worth every penny. Let me know if you have any questions at all.

http://www.thermastor.com/hi-e-dry-100/

OP
OP
revhtree

revhtree

Owner Administrator
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
Thanks!

OP
OP
revhtree

revhtree

Owner Administrator
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
Thanks everyone!! Man I can't wait!!

I currently am using a 48" ATI Hybrid LED/T5 light fixture. Since I already have that I am thinking of adding another and using that for lighting.

deerhunter06

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0

I currently am using a 48" ATI Hybrid LED/T5 light fixture. Since I already have that I am thinking of adding another and using that for lighting.
Rev, I also have an ATI. Just a suggestion not sure on how "full" of a tank you are looking to have but what I am doing on my 8ft tank is having a 48inch centerpiece rock made that's going to have all corals on it. (Going for a minimalist look) It is being made with built in frag plug holes I'm going to place the 48 inch ATI directly over the rock (probably in the center) which will leave 2 feet on each side I plan on filling in with cheap LEDS and leaving open for my fish to swim as I plan to have a lot of tangs. A guy in New York is making my centerpiece as we speak he sent me these photos today if you are interested let me know I can give you his info. This is just a way to save on power and buying another large fixture, and it works with my minimalist plan.
2a89ba82b13545002edaece18f4c3f40.jpg

df66c86f38461917788ab4a061f35133.jpg

Last edited:

Isaac_P._Martinez

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0

Hello Rev, great journey you have started! My close friend is a complete Saltwater Enthusiast. His name is Bill Wann he can build custom skimmers and reactors. If you are looking for some top performing equipment, all built in the USA.

http://www.aquariumeng.com/

He also has a personal FB page linked so you can see his 20,000g set up.

Pat924

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Well don't get too excited! There isn't much of anything to show yet but I am planning this big tank and I need your help!

The wife and I have leased a house for the past 8 years and this Friday we will be owners of a new home. More importantly it has a huge finished basement with plenty of wall space and there is already an exterior area between the basement walls and the outside house walls. BIG spaces for a dedicated tank room behind the tank.

I HAVE BEEN WAITING FOR THIS TO BECOME A REALITY SINCE I HAVE BEEN IN THE HOBBY!

This will be my first build of this size and I need your help to figure it all out.

Tank: The tank is a 400+ (finalizing sizes) @Planet Aquarium tank. It will be 96" long, 30" tall. and haven't finalized the width which will be somewhere between 30 and 36".

Before I get to any more details. What are some things I need to do to prepare for a tank this size?

I am thinking these are some things:

1. Install a floor drain
2. Install dedicated power box
3. Install ventilation
4. Waterline and Sink

What else?

Mixing station

mokrytzki

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Not sure if it has been mentioned but you should also plan a quarentine station. Also a very large refugium would be beneficial with macro etc.

Live Water

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hey rev, congrats! If you build a fish room you should put no slip grating down over the whole room that way when water gets one the floor you won't be slipping in puddles. Then the water can easily make its way to the floor drain. Like Mr saltwater tanks 450 gallon build fish room. Im looking forward to getting a house at point, maybe in 20 years lol

BoneXriffic

GO BLUE!
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I like how this turned into a thread about rediculously oversized equipment....could we be trlling you something?

bobman

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Wait wait rev has a tank build thats 7 pages long and no pics you slacker. Go with the 30" depth. It does take some thought on lighting but my tank is 30" and I love it. Looks like the ocean that extra 6" does a lot. Has some downsides if a coral gets knocked over well hope you have some scuba gear lol. Congrats cant wait to see some pics slacker.

How much do you care about having a display FREE of wires, pumps and equipment?

• Want it squeaky clean! Wires be danged!

Votes: 46 43.0%
  • A few things are ok with me!

Votes: 54 50.5%
  • No care at all! Bring it on!

Votes: 7 6.5%
Back