Rev's 400+ Gallon Basement Inwall

Sounds like me on every high school sports team!

giphy.gif
 
LOL! Y'all some crazy reefers!

Did some more plumbin last night and still wasn't able to finish. Going to try to get enough done to started running water today. The issue I have is how the plumbing is ran around the corner and is kinda suspended in the air. I am going to have to fabricate something to hold these pipes in place when they get heavy with water.
 
LOL! Y'all some crazy reefers!

Did some more plumbin last night and still wasn't able to finish. Going to try to get enough done to started running water today. The issue I have is how the plumbing is ran around the corner and is kinda suspended in the air. I am going to have to fabricate something to hold these pipes in place when they get heavy with water.

Not sure if this helps but I used a split ring hanger from lowes. Purchased appropriate rod and drilled/bolted to the ceiling using a nylon spacer you'd find at the hard ware isle. Maybe you can do the same to separate the pipe. Use to split ring clamps and using a rod you can join them together. Cover up the exposed rod with a spacer. Not sure if that makes any sense. Here's a picture of how I'm supporting mine.
IMG_1482511949.683708.jpg


Instead of the ceiling, picture another clamp.

View attachment 447154
 
You could add an aluminum or thin wood bracket/post to the stand and use pvc clamps. I used 2x4 and the clamp to support weight of plumbing and gate valves.

Or build a support for the bottom pipe and use dense foam as spacers supporting the upper pipes.

IMG_0388.JPG
 
Stop in to see what is going on:)
 
LOL! Y'all some crazy reefers!

Did some more plumbin last night and still wasn't able to finish. Going to try to get enough done to started running water today. The issue I have is how the plumbing is ran around the corner and is kinda suspended in the air. I am going to have to fabricate something to hold these pipes in place when they get heavy with water.
Point some of these guys at it.
upload_2016-12-23_11-49-51.png


They will lighten that pipe right up! :p
 
Come on guys, I think we can get to 1500 (maybe 1600..) before he gets it wet!!
Might even make it further than that!

I'm wondering if Rev has developed a case of Aquaphobia....;)
 
Actually about 5600 cups....lol
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHAT DO YOU USUALLY CHECK FIRST WHEN YOU LOOK AT YOUR REEF?

  • A particular fish I enjoy watching

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • The fish population—making sure everyone is accounted for

    Votes: 7 18.4%
  • Coral extension, color, or growth

    Votes: 15 39.5%
  • Recent additions or other changes

    Votes: 4 10.5%
  • Water clarity or the surface

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Equipment and water movement

    Votes: 1 2.6%
  • Signs of algae, pests, or trouble

    Votes: 3 7.9%
  • I just enjoy the whole scene

    Votes: 5 13.2%
  • Other (Post in the comments)

    Votes: 3 7.9%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new