OP
revhtree

revhtree

Owner Administrator
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
Ahhhh... yes... the coral that gave birth to r2r. The zoanthid. Welcome back david... its good to have you :)

I saw how you have given up the news media and fb feeds.. and in result have found peace for your head in the "sand" :)

So now that you have found your way back to the roots, scrape that glass and lets see an FTS... SLACKER.

HAHA yes back to the roots!!

OP
OP
revhtree

revhtree

Owner Administrator
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
Hey revh loving your thread. Thanks for sharing. Hope to have one up soon.

Question: is the trim on your tank steel or hard plastic?

It is hard plastic and thank you!

Sisterlimonpot

Effortless Perfection
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
131 pages with only 12 pictures and 3 videos (2 of which are broken links).

Huh, not sure what gave me the impression that this was a monster build...

Ok Dave, time to put on your big boy pants and make this thread live up to the title! Hehe

All seriousness, I'm glad your tank finally turned the corner, and now the reboot... going with softies... with all the options out there in the form of automation, there shouldn't be a reason why you can't have a dominating sps tank. Your tank is now mature enough to be successful.

I was in the same boat. My buddy up the road started his tank 1 month before mine and it took off, he had the perfect condition right out the gate. It took me 2 years before my tank was mature enough to have success with sps. Was such a drag but now I can start enjoying my tank.

Bleigh

The best bad influence
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
131 pages with only 12 pictures and 3 videos (2 of which are broken links).

Huh, not sure what gave me the impression that this was a monster build...

Ok Dave, time to put on your big boy pants and make this thread live up to the title! Hehe

All seriousness, I'm glad your tank finally turned the corner, and now the reboot... going with softies... with all the options out there in the form of automation, there shouldn't be a reason why you can't have a dominating sps tank. Your tank is now mature enough to be successful.

I was in the same boat. My buddy up the road started his tank 1 month before mine and it took off, he had the perfect condition right out the gate. It took me 2 years before my tank was mature enough to have success with sps. Was such a drag but now I can start enjoying my tank.

I have to ask, did you go through and count or is there a way to see that information? I’m anal enough to have went through and counted, just curious if there’s a simpler way.

Sps hasn’t liked me too much either. I grew things like crazy in my first tank with little effort, but my second, larger tank has been a bit more difficult to nail down.

Sisterlimonpot

Effortless Perfection
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have to ask, did you go through and count or is there a way to see that information? I’m anal enough to have went through and counted, just curious if there’s a simpler way.

Sps hasn’t liked me too much either. I grew things like crazy in my first tank with little effort, but my second, larger tank has been a bit more difficult to nail down.
No I didn't count, just used those numbers to drive home the point.

My current tank has been the anomaly in my tenure in the hobby. I have never had the problems I did with this tank. Nasty algae, poor colonizatuon of bacteria. I had to take a step back and start with the basics.

Whatever had to happen behind the scenes of my tank finally did and I finally rounded that corner. I personally accredit it to finally seeding my tank with bacteria from Indo Pacific Sea Farms. They have that $100 pick and choose and 2 of the items was their sand and mud. Of course completely anecdotal, it could be the culmination of a myriad of things... time probably being the main factor. Either way, I'm finally glad that I'm having success.

Daniel@R2R

Living the Reef Life
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
I personally accredit it to finally seeding my tank with bacteria from Indo Pacific Sea Farms. They have that $100 pick and choose and 2 of the items was their sand and mud.
Just checking this out because of this post. This looks like a pretty great deal. Thanks for sharing.

Sisterlimonpot

Effortless Perfection
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I wasn't trying to plug them. Lord knows anytime someone boasts about a product on here, they shoot themselves in the foot because the item becomes backordered or hard to acquire. Just like the toilet paper crisis. All it took was that one person saying, "I'm stalking up on TP!" to go viral and the rest is history.

I guess the good thing is, no one looks at this thread (obviously due to lack of pictures), we can keep ipsf a secret! "Arent I a stinker?"

JCOLE

Grower of the Small Polyps
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
giphy.gif

Back