Ricordea (?) Mushroom ID

nford1987

New Member
View Badges
Joined
Jun 24, 2024
Messages
16
Reaction score
8
Location
Richmond
What state or country do you live in
Virginia
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Bought this little guy from my LFS yesterday and the owner said it was a ricordea, but I haven't seen many that look like this. A google lens search had only one similar match, but the page was in Chinese, and the translation said the owner was also trying to ID it haha.

Any information would be appreciated!

PXL_20240706_205418777.jpg PXL_20240706_001314506.jpg
 
Looks more like rhodactis and lost quite a bit of color.
Oof. I was hoping it was supposed to look that way, because I think that ethereal pink look is really pretty, but only if the lil guy is doing well.

Any recommendations for care, or do you think it has already lost too much color to thrive?
 
Upvote 0
Bought this little guy from my LFS yesterday and the owner said it was a ricordea, but I haven't seen many that look like this. A google lens search had only one similar match, but the page was in Chinese, and the translation said the owner was also trying to ID it haha.

Any information would be appreciated!

PXL_20240706_205418777.jpg PXL_20240706_001314506.jpg
Looks like a rhodactis, pale maybe from stress or bleaching
 
Upvote 0
Oof. I was hoping it was supposed to look that way, because I think that ethereal pink look is really pretty, but only if the lil guy is doing well.

Any recommendations for care, or do you think it has already lost too much color to thrive?
The rhodactis can bounce back, I had some super pale like that, just give it some time and color will come back, feed them too
 
Upvote 0
I
Oof. I was hoping it was supposed to look that way, because I think that ethereal pink look is really pretty, but only if the lil guy is doing well.

Any recommendations for care, or do you think it has already lost too much color to thrive?
It can still thrive I’m sure, under good conditions. Definitely low light and flow. They also like extra nutrients
 
Upvote 0

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHICH TYPE OF REEF CONTENT MOST OFTEN GETS YOU TO PARTICIPATE?

  • Daniel's daily polls. They're awesome! 😎

    Votes: 6 35.3%
  • A real troubleshooting problem

    Votes: 6 35.3%
  • Build-thread or tank-update posts

    Votes: 3 17.6%
  • Before-and-after progress photos

    Votes: 2 11.8%
  • Beginner questions

    Votes: 3 17.6%
  • Honest success or failure stories

    Votes: 4 23.5%
  • A post, update, or article from my favorite vendor

    Votes: 5 29.4%
  • Detailed how-to or educational discussions

    Votes: 7 41.2%
  • Tank tours and member showcases

    Votes: 5 29.4%
  • Local events, swaps, or meetups

    Votes: 4 23.5%
  • Other (Post in the comments)

    Votes: 3 17.6%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new