Ricordea yuma vs scolymia

Purplelobst92

Active Member
View Badges
Joined
Sep 14, 2018
Messages
248
Reaction score
164
What state or country do you live in
Washington
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
so one of my yumas decided to let go of its rock and float away which brought it right to my scolymia which i caught attempting to swallow the yuma, everything looked fine when i pulled the yuma out of its mouth.... but when i woke up this morning the scoly looks like this :( i think its safe to say the yuma won this fight lol !!! the Yuma looks a little upset but really not too bad the scoly on the other hand was nearly obliterated.

IMG_20190611_161506252.jpg
 
Ouch. One of my rics fought with another mushroom. It seared away a whole piece of flesh. I had no idea they couldn’t coexist. I have a pic somewhere. I’m sure the scoly will recover.
 
Ouch. One of my rics fought with another mushroom. It seared away a whole piece of flesh. I had no idea they couldn’t coexist. I have a pic somewhere. I’m sure the scoly will recover.
Not sure what kind of mushroom this is. I caught them both stinging each other. Both had tentacles hanging out of their mouths. Really long tentacles. This guy lost ;Hilarious A whole piece of scorched off.

F2D5357B-4CD8-4143-9210-12667FE3D592.jpeg
 
looks like a rhodactis sp. all the rhodactis can go together and even some discosoma shrooms can touch rhodactis without fighting, but rics and yuma will kill both of them, i had no idea how strong yumas are until my scold got messed up, i have seen scolys completely destroy other aggressive corals so it was surprising to say the least.
 
looks like a rhodactis sp. all the rhodactis can go together and even some discosoma shrooms can touch rhodactis without fighting, but rics and yuma will kill both of them, i had no idea how strong yumas are until my scold got messed up, i have seen scolys completely destroy other aggressive corals so it was surprising to say the least.
The rhodactis recovered quite fast. I cut it in half after this and now I have 2 of them. They grew even bigger than the original one and are touching each other. It’s kind of funny when you catch your corals in the middle of a fight and then you need to jump in and break it up.
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHICH TYPE OF REEF CONTENT MOST OFTEN GETS YOU TO PARTICIPATE?

  • Daniel's daily polls. They're awesome! 😎

    Votes: 8 27.6%
  • A real troubleshooting problem

    Votes: 10 34.5%
  • Build-thread or tank-update posts

    Votes: 6 20.7%
  • Before-and-after progress photos

    Votes: 3 10.3%
  • Beginner questions

    Votes: 8 27.6%
  • Honest success or failure stories

    Votes: 7 24.1%
  • A post, update, or article from my favorite vendor

    Votes: 5 17.2%
  • Detailed how-to or educational discussions

    Votes: 9 31.0%
  • Tank tours and member showcases

    Votes: 5 17.2%
  • Local events, swaps, or meetups

    Votes: 5 17.2%
  • Other (Post in the comments)

    Votes: 7 24.1%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new