Rid-Ich question

J Rog

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hi guys I have a quick question. A buddy of mine is selling his tank to downgrade. So he wants me to hold on to couple of his corals he wants to keep and a couple pieces of live rock. But about 2 months ago he used rid-ich because he had an ich explosion and lost a bunch of fish.. But since then he has gone fishless for 2 months and used rid ich to rid the system of ich (Hopefully). But do I need to worry about the rid-ich that may have soaked into the live rock may leach something not good into my system. Supposedly its reef safe but im having enough issues in my system and didn't want to add another problem.. Anyone have any experience with this product?

Crabs McJones

I'm so shi-nay
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Nope, the ingredients in Rid-Ich are not reef safe, and can get absorbed by the rock, and slowly leech out over time

Crabs McJones

I'm so shi-nay
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
What's in it?
Contains formaldehyde (11.52% formalin) U.S. P. grade 4.26% and premium quality aquaculture-grade zinc-free chloride salt of malachite green 0.038%. The ingredients meet United States Pharmacopoeia science-based quality standards for health care. The U.S. P. is the official public standards-setting authority for all prescriptions and over-the-counter medicines and other healthcare products.

saltyfilmfolks

Lights! Camera! Reef!
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Contains formaldehyde (11.52% formalin) U.S. P. grade 4.26% and premium quality aquaculture-grade zinc-free chloride salt of malachite green 0.038%. The ingredients meet United States Pharmacopoeia science-based quality standards for health care. The U.S. P. is the official public standards-setting authority for all prescriptions and over-the-counter medicines and other healthcare products.
Thank you. I'd always wondered.

It's bug poison. Weird.

Reefing threads: Do you wear gear from reef brands?

• I wear reef gear everywhere.

Votes: 18 13.7%
  • I wear reef gear primarily at fish events and my LFS.

Votes: 9 6.9%
  • I wear reef gear primarily for water changes and tank maintenance.

Votes: 1 0.8%
  • I wear reef gear primarily to relax where I live.

Votes: 19 14.5%
  • I don’t wear gear from reef brands.

Votes: 75 57.3%
  • Other.

Votes: 9 6.9%
Back