Ritteri help

Just an fyi, however, adding amino acids can at least theoretically do two things (as it does in a reef tank overall):

1. Increase the rate of production of ammonia.

2. Drive the growth of bacteria, which can include pathogens.

I'm not claiming it isn't desirable or useful or whatever, but just sounding a cautionary note to keep an eye out.
Why does it drive down bacterial Randy? I though it would be opposite. Amino acid is like digested food already. A number of organism will jump on it, include both the primary producers and the primary consumers, and use it as a nutrient source and reproduce, including bacterial. IMO, if anything it would result in more rather than less organism count.
 
Why does it drive down bacterial Randy? I though it would be opposite. Amino acid is like digested food already. A number of organism will jump on it, include both the primary producers and the primary consumers, and use it as a nutrient source and reproduce, including bacterial. IMO, if anything it would result in more rather than less organism count.

Sorry, perhaps I wasn't clear.

Drive the growth of bacteria, which can include pathogens.

Drive up the growth of bacteria, which can include pathogens.
 
Sorry, I misread your post. I defiantly agree with it.
 

WHICH TYPE OF REEF CONTENT MOST OFTEN GETS YOU TO PARTICIPATE?

  • Daniel's daily polls. They're awesome! 😎

    Votes: 5 35.7%
  • A real troubleshooting problem

    Votes: 4 28.6%
  • Build-thread or tank-update posts

    Votes: 3 21.4%
  • Before-and-after progress photos

    Votes: 2 14.3%
  • Beginner questions

    Votes: 3 21.4%
  • Honest success or failure stories

    Votes: 3 21.4%
  • A post, update, or article from my favorite vendor

    Votes: 4 28.6%
  • Detailed how-to or educational discussions

    Votes: 6 42.9%
  • Tank tours and member showcases

    Votes: 4 28.6%
  • Local events, swaps, or meetups

    Votes: 2 14.3%
  • Other (Post in the comments)

    Votes: 3 21.4%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new