Ritteri help

adamg77

Active Member
View Badges
Joined
Jan 16, 2024
Messages
128
Reaction score
98
Location
North Texas
What state or country do you live in
Texas
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
So I purchased a small ritteri and immediately placed him in a QT setup with cipro starting on day 2 when it began to expel the brown substance. Eventually it stopped deflating and looked good for the main tank. I waited 2 weeks since it last expelled till I put it in the DT.

Current status. Not great it is moving around like crazy and staying retracted. It has not deflated but it is not happy and I'm concerned it will detatch it's foot. It was on a rock up until it decided it was done with it. I have since added a spotlight on that rock which is the highest in the tank designed for the little guy.

29" deep tank with 6 T5HO growing acros throughout along with the spotlight.

Would you quarantine? I'll get a pic in a bit. Thanks for reading. @OrionN
 
1000001020.jpg


Here's a pic. There is a ton of flow in the tank
 
I would move it back into quarantine. I had one that looked like yours and it took a long time to recover. And it's still really small. You'll need to baby it--once the tentacles look normal, you'll want to feed it a lot to get it to grow quickly. But make sure you have high water quality throughout (which could mean a lot of water changes).
 

WHAT IS THE BIGGEST REASON YOU ATTEND A FRAG SWAP?

  • Finding unusual or hard-to-find corals

    Votes: 7 25.0%
  • Better prices than buying online

    Votes: 14 50.0%
  • Trading or selling my own frags

    Votes: 3 10.7%
  • Meeting other reefers

    Votes: 10 35.7%
  • Learning from vendors and hobbyists

    Votes: 4 14.3%
  • Seeing corals in person before buying

    Votes: 14 50.0%
  • Supporting the local reefing community

    Votes: 8 28.6%
  • I don’t have frag swaps nearby

    Votes: 4 14.3%
  • Other (Post in the comments)

    Votes: 0 0.0%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new