Ro/di unit

Atlantisdelux

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
The new house my wife and I are buying has a well and iv just learned that it's best to run rodi units up around 60-90 psi.

I don't know the pressure but I would assume the well pump has a 30/50 switch.

So I've looked into the Vertex Puratek deluxe 100
Or
The BRS 4 stage with a booster pump.
Screenshot_20180425-200327_Gallery.jpg

My question is, will the 4 stage be sufficient with my water quality or
would I have to bump up to the 5 stage? I would prefer the BRS simply because it looks more straight forward, I don't really need the onboard computer stuff on my (water maker).
I'm new to these as right now I'm just buying rodi water from my lfs.
I'm worried about the Puratek just because it's got all sorts of extra parts that I really don't think I need and I've read you have to replace the membrane more often.
Thanks for any input.

SaltLifer

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I don't really know the answer but the only difference between the 4 stage and 5 stage is an extra DI chamber. You can always buy one and turn your 4 stage into a 5 stage if you wanted to.

Shaummy

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I don't really know the answer but the only difference between the 4 stage and 5 stage is an extra DI chamber. You can always buy one and turn your 4 stage into a 5 stage if you wanted to.
It appears on the BRS site that the difference between 4 stage and 5 is the addition of another carbon block, not an extra DI chamber. I'm not on well water so I'm not sure what configuration would work best for you. You will probably have to have a pump either way if the pressure isn't high enough from the well head.

SaltLifer

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
It appears on the BRS site that the difference between 4 stage and 5 is the addition of another carbon block, not an extra DI chamber. I'm not on well water so I'm not sure what configuration would work best for you. You will probably have to have a pump either way if the pressure isn't high enough from the well head.

You are correct.

Last edited:

SaltLifer

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I was thinking of the difference between 5 and 6. Yes, 5 stage has 2 carbon blocks, 6 stage has 2 DI chambers.

OP
OP
Atlantisdelux

Atlantisdelux

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I like the idea of the 5 stage being 1 micron instead of the 5 micron in the 4 stage. But weing on well water, I have no chlorine, so a second carbon block is really only about a 50% value to me (yes it will filter more but I can also just keep the 1 carbon block fresh instead of buying 2 carbon blocks when they are low).

I think for the price and what I'm looking for I'll just go with the BRS 4 stage and add a booster pump.

Mark Gray

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I like the idea of the 5 stage being 1 micron instead of the 5 micron in the 4 stage. But weing on well water, I have no chlorine, so a second carbon block is really only about a 50% value to me (yes it will filter more but I can also just keep the 1 carbon block fresh instead of buying 2 carbon blocks when they are low).

I think for the price and what I'm looking for I'll just go with the BRS 4 stage and add a booster pump.
You will most likely do fine you can always add, the booster pump is well worth the money

Caring for your picky eaters: What do you feed your finicky fish?

• Live foods

Votes: 27 30.7%
  • Frozen meaty foods

Votes: 70 79.5%
  • Soft pellets

Votes: 15 17.0%
  • Masstick (or comparable)

Votes: 8 9.1%
  • Other

Votes: 6 6.8%
Back