Ro system

Cody salyer

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
So I have well water and need to get a ro system as the closest store is 40 min from what stage to system would I need?

Mike konesky

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
All depends on what's in your water. Might get away with a 4 stage, might need a 8.

h20cyclone

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
A TDS meter would be a good start. Just gives you an idea of how many dissolved solids are contained in your water. If you want something more specific you can also order a ICP test which will break down everything in your water and what levels they reside at. The main thing you really want to find out is if it is not going to have something in the water which would be unsafe for a reef tank. Naturally if you were to just to use regular water in certain areas it would most likely be fine but you will have a higher TDS which can lead to higher growth of algae and other undesirable aspect to a tank. The RO/DI just gives you a blank slate by eliminating the TDS in the water. I would start with a 4 stage and go from there. You can always upgrade to increase the amount of stages you want in your RO/DI unit later. Most times a 4 stage will do the job just fine.

Mastering the art of locking and unlocking water pathways: What type of valves do you have on your aquarium plumbing?

• Ball valves.

Votes: 66 51.6%
  • Gate valves.

Votes: 67 52.3%
  • Check valves.

Votes: 32 25.0%
  • None.

Votes: 29 22.7%
  • Other.

Votes: 9 7.0%
Back