Rob's 450g Build Thread!

Aquarium Specialty - dry goods & marine livestock
OP
robert s b.

robert s b.

View Badges
Reaction score
Been a while since I last posted, on cruise control at the moment, but needs a little pruning. Also Coralline algae is out of control, have most of it scraped off, but sill have 2-3" from the bottom, most spots was up to a foot.

Screenshot_20210521-204910_Instagram-02.jpeg

ctopherl

View Badges
Reaction score
Been a while since I last posted, on cruise control at the moment, but needs a little pruning. Also Coralline algae is out of control, have most of it scraped off, but sill have 2-3" from the bottom, most spots was up to a foot.

What do you keep alk, ca, nitrates and phosphates at?

ineption

View Badges
Reaction score
There is a video of Rob talking about his filtration.
Its a large sump filled with deep layer miracle mud and cheato refuge. He also has large protein skimmer and a large uv recirculating in to the sump. I don't think he does socks or anything else.
Fairly simple, but works as can be seen by the results

ineption

View Badges
Reaction score
Hi Rob, hope you don't mind me asking. I have tried to find the glass thickness of your tank, but no mention of it anywhere?

You refereed to 3x floating glass is that 3x pieces of glass siliconed together?

Then you have your side glass sitting on that 3xfloating glass & inside is eurobraced?
What is the thickness of the floating glass?

In my country we unfortunately do not have company like crystal dynamics & every one I went to said it's not possible do what you have achieved .

Maxout

ineption

View Badges
Reaction score
Take a look at facebook at the Orphek page. Robert is there as well and might get back to you sooner.
Thanks bud I do have him on Instagram, & seen him post recently on this forum, but for what ever reason he hasn't visited his build thread .
I will probably hit him up on insta if no reply soon

Do you think there are benefits to turning your skimmer off for periods of time?

• YES (tell us in the thread)

Votes: 27 25.7%
  • NO

Votes: 38 36.2%
  • Maybe but not sure

Votes: 37 35.2%
  • Other (please explain)

Votes: 3 2.9%
NYOS