Rock Flower Anemones?

  • Thread starter Thread starter duberii
  • Start date Start date
  • Tagged users Tagged users None

duberii

Valuable Member
View Badges
Joined
Jul 27, 2018
Messages
1,142
Reaction score
607
Location
Glastonbury,CT
What state or country do you live in
Connecticut
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hello,
I've recently developed a love for rock flower anemones and feel as if I'm ready to get one. Does anybody have one that they could part with? I'm particularly fond of the ones with frilly tentacles, but I'm down to see what you guys have. Thanks!
 
Around how much were they?

I didn't ask or notice, I wasn't shopping for nems. I have two in my tank and they are enough of a pain for me! :)

You could call them or swing by and take a look.
 
I picked one up at Waterbury Aquarium last week. It's not one of the ultras, it's "just" white, but it's beautiful. I'm just getting started, and am planning to make this 14g biocube into an RFA garden. Just RFAs, some bumblebee snails (to deal with vermetids) and a tuxedo urchin right now. I'm still looking for 3 sexy shrimp to handle the extra mysis when the nems "miss"...

I wish I could find more locally, I hate the feeling of shipping living things to CT in the winter.
 
I picked up a white one at the local store as a trade for some of my Xenia. That was a couple weeks ago and it slowly picked up color. It must have bleached with the shock of being harvested. It now has a green mouth and turned brown and white. The brown looks like it wants to show some purple. May be yours will pick up some color too. Actually I liked mine when it was white.
 
I picked up a white one at the local store as a trade for some of my Xenia. That was a couple weeks ago and it slowly picked up color. It must have bleached with the shock of being harvested. It now has a green mouth and turned brown and white. The brown looks like it wants to show some purple. May be yours will pick up some color too. Actually I liked mine when it was white.
I have a ton of xenia now... but I already picked up a rock flower :P maybe I'll try to trade for a frag
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHICH FLOW PROBLEM IS HARDEST TO SOLVE IN YOUR REEF?

  • Eliminating dead spots

    Votes: 8 22.9%
  • Keeping sand from blowing around

    Votes: 5 14.3%
  • Balancing flow for different coral types

    Votes: 9 25.7%
  • Creating random or turbulent movement

    Votes: 2 5.7%
  • Finding effective pump placement

    Votes: 1 2.9%
  • Managing noise or vibration

    Votes: 2 5.7%
  • Keeping pumps hidden and accessible

    Votes: 2 5.7%
  • I still feel like I’m mostly guessing

    Votes: 6 17.1%
  • Other (Comment in the thread)

    Votes: 0 0.0%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new