RODI Booster Pump Review

Stlrfan88

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I got my RODI Booster Pump installed and running this past week.
It is the Aquatech CDP8800 running with the BRS 4 stage RODI system

Water pressure prior to install was 37 psi on a good day
Water pressure after install with no adjustments to the pump was 89 psi which is right at the outer limit of potential seal issues according to BRS TV.

I let it run a few minute to see how it would do and I did start to have a drip from the 1st chamber of the RODI unit.

I did just change all the filters so that could be on me but just to be safe I did dial the pump back to 80 psi and no drip. Looks like I get a drip at 83 psi. will make sure I sealed the cartridge tight after running this batch of RODI.

It does have a fair amount of vibration so you definitely want to mount it to the wall.
But minimal operating noise.

Booster Pump runs like an absolute champ so 2 thumbs up from me.

There is a BRS TV quick 2 minute video on how to install and adjust the pressure. The only thing I found different was the comment in the video was that you can only adjust the psi down with the allen screw on the top of the pump. by turning the screw to the right you can adjust the psi UP and turning the screw to the left will lower the psi. Maybe I have a newer model then what is in the video put just wanted you to know that the booster pump I have is adjustable BOTH up and down using the allen screw on top of the pump.

Daniel@R2R

Living the Reef Life
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
Thanks for sharing your review with us!

Reefing threads: Do you wear gear from reef brands?

• I wear reef gear everywhere.

Votes: 16 16.5%
  • I wear reef gear primarily at fish events and my LFS.

Votes: 5 5.2%
  • I wear reef gear primarily for water changes and tank maintenance.

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • I wear reef gear primarily to relax where I live.

Votes: 17 17.5%
  • I don’t wear gear from reef brands.

Votes: 51 52.6%
  • Other.

Votes: 8 8.2%
Back