RODI float valve for 3/8" Acrylic?

  • Thread starter Thread starter tymo92
  • Start date Start date
  • Tagged users Tagged users None

tymo92

Active Member
View Badges
Joined
Oct 27, 2019
Messages
169
Reaction score
74
What state or country do you live in
Virginia
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Anyone come across an RO float valve that can be drilled through 3/8" acrylic? Most of them only work on max 1/4" thickness walls, but my mixing container I need to hook it up to is 3/8" thick.
 
Are you talking about this type of float valve?
PXL_20250516_220517334.jpg


If so I bought mine from BRS a few years ago and the are plenty long enough for 3/8" thickness.

PXL_20250516_220401440.jpg
 
Are you talking about this type of float valve?
PXL_20250516_220517334.jpg


If so I bought mine from BRS a few years ago and the are plenty long enough for 3/8" thickness.

PXL_20250516_220401440.jpg
Exactly this. The one BRS sells now says max thickness 1/4” and other models I’ve seen are the same unfortunately.
 
For anyone who stumbles across this with the same question - ended up using a forstner bit to take 1/8” of acrylic off where we were putting the float valve. No way it would have fit on 3/8”. This method worked like a charm
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHAT IS THE BIGGEST REASON YOU ATTEND A FRAG SWAP?

  • Finding unusual or hard-to-find corals

    Votes: 6 24.0%
  • Better prices than buying online

    Votes: 13 52.0%
  • Trading or selling my own frags

    Votes: 3 12.0%
  • Meeting other reefers

    Votes: 8 32.0%
  • Learning from vendors and hobbyists

    Votes: 3 12.0%
  • Seeing corals in person before buying

    Votes: 12 48.0%
  • Supporting the local reefing community

    Votes: 7 28.0%
  • I don’t have frag swaps nearby

    Votes: 4 16.0%
  • Other (Post in the comments)

    Votes: 0 0.0%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new