RODI Hood To Use?

Waffen06

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Have a 75 gpd 5 stage that I stopped using 2 years ago. Didnt realize I left it full of water. Just hooked it up and after flushing it Im getting 4 tds which isnt bad. Think the system is good to go or should I replace anything?

Water Dog

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Do you have a TDS meter? What’s the TDS out of your tap? Post RO? If your membrane is running to spec, around 98 - 99% rejection, then I’d keep the membrane. Maybe replace the prefilters to protect the membrane and switch out the DI resin once it’s no longer producing 0 TDS after the DI stage.

Water Dog

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
DI defitely sounds shot... see what you get for TDS post membrane but before DI. With that number, we can calculate your membrane’s rejection rate and whether or not the RO membrane is running to spec.

OP
OP
W

Waffen06

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
DI defitely sounds shot... see what you get for TDS post membrane but before DI. With that number, we can calculate your membrane’s rejection rate and whether or not the RO membrane is running to spec.
After the membrane is 5 or 6, it kept fluctuating

Water Dog

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
If your tap TDS is 146, then for the membrane to be running within spec at a 98-99% rejection rate, then your post RO but pre DI TDS should be between 1 - 3 TDS. At 5-6 TDS youre getting around a 96% rejection rate..,

Not bad for sitting wet for a couple of years. My membrane is 3 years old and I get between 1-2 TDS with 70 out of the tap for around a 97% rejection rate.

OP
OP
W

Waffen06

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
If your tap TDS is 146, then for the membrane to be running within spec at a 98-99% rejection rate, then your post RO but pre DI TDS should be between 1 - 3 TDS. At 5-6 TDS youre getting around a 96% rejection rate..,

Not bad for sitting wet for a couple of years. My membrane is 3 years old and I get between 1-2 TDS with 70 out of the tap for around a 97% rejection rate.
So what should I replace? Hate to replace everything lol but if its what it needs. Should I start with filters and a new DI?

Water Dog

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Start with the prefilters and DI and monitor the post RO TDS. Quite frankly, I would give it a good flush and let it run for a bit. You want to make sure all that TDS creep is flushed out of the system. I wouldn’t be shocked if your post RO TDS settles down a little further to 4 or so. Based on my observations, when making large batches of water, it seems like the membrane settles in and runs more efficiently.

Figuring out the why: Has your primary reason(s) for keeping a saltwater aquarium changed over time?

• My reasons for reef keeping have changed dramatically.

Votes: 12 9.3%
  • My reasons for reef keeping have somewhat evolved.

Votes: 56 43.4%
  • My reasons for reef keeping have no changed.

Votes: 60 46.5%
  • Other.

Votes: 1 0.8%
Back