Rodi question?

Brewski4u1

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
My local utilities is flushing the lines. I'll post below is it still safe to make rodi water and use in my tank ?

Residents in Boynton Beach may notice the smell or taste of chlorine in their tap water for about three weeks into the new year, as the city carries out regular maintenance.

Boynton Beach will "temporarily modify the disinfection process utilized to treat its drinking water" from Thursday, Jan. 4 to Wednesday, Jan. 24, and while it may catch the attention of residents' senses, "these temporary conditions will not cause adverse health effects," the city said in a news release on Friday.

EeyoreIsMySpiritAnimal

Just another girl who likes fish
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
My local utilities is flushing the lines. I'll post below is it still safe to make rodi water and use in my tank ?

Residents in Boynton Beach may notice the smell or taste of chlorine in their tap water for about three weeks into the new year, as the city carries out regular maintenance.

Boynton Beach will "temporarily modify the disinfection process utilized to treat its drinking water" from Thursday, Jan. 4 to Wednesday, Jan. 24, and while it may catch the attention of residents' senses, "these temporary conditions will not cause adverse health effects," the city said in a news release on Friday.
Grab a cheap chlorine test kit from a pool supply store and test the water after the sediment and carbon blocks. If there's no chlorine then you're good. If there IS chlorine then either add another carbon block (before the membrane) or wait a week until they've switched back to the regular disinfectant process

Woodyman

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Yep just watch your chlorine feeding into the membrane. If you don't already now would be a good excuse to at least temporarily use a second carbon block.

Reefing threads: Do you wear gear from reef brands?

• I wear reef gear everywhere.

Votes: 21 13.2%
  • I wear reef gear primarily at fish events and my LFS.

Votes: 11 6.9%
  • I wear reef gear primarily for water changes and tank maintenance.

Votes: 1 0.6%
  • I wear reef gear primarily to relax where I live.

Votes: 23 14.5%
  • I don’t wear gear from reef brands.

Votes: 92 57.9%
  • Other.

Votes: 11 6.9%
Back