RODI Question

Spd082

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hi All,

I won't call myself new to reefing, but I have been out of it for quite some time so for this purpose, lets just call me new!

I purchased a BRS 4 stage value plus RODI System and added the water saver upgrade to make it 100 gpd. I had a TDS meter that I purchased from Amazon several months before for around $20. Our well water showed around 3-400 TDS out of the faucet according to this. I had the well company boost our pressure from about 35-40 psi, up to between 55-65 psi. It can vary day to day for some reason. I already know and can see that it burns through DI resin much faster with lower pressures.

The inline TDS meter on the BRS unit shows 0 TDS for the product water, yet the hand held shows 4 TDS. I am not sure if this is just a cheap unit or should I be concerned that the BRS unit is not accurate. Something tells me to trust the inline BRS unit, but I could be wrong. Any info would be great! Thanks!

Montiman

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
It is very hard to get a 0 reading with a pen style meter. As soon as any dust or particles from the air get in the water the pen will no longer read 0. I wouldn't worry.

OP
OP
S

Spd082

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
It is very hard to get a 0 reading with a pen style meter. As soon as any dust or particles from the air get in the water the pen will no longer read 0. I wouldn't worry.
Much appreciated, thanks for your response! That makes sense. I’m just being super cautious with this stuff simply because I want to do it right!

Back