RODI question

Raging Franky

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
thank you for adding me to r2r.
i currently have a jbj45 flat panel and my dream tank would be a red sea 350 g2. (way out of my price range)

i am out of water and went to change my filters in my rodi unit before making a fresh batch.
the ro membrane i ordered was a MEM-SP-0090 but i was sent a MEM-SP-0150.

QUESTION: maybe a dumb one.
can i use the 150gpd filter in my 90gpd rodi unit as is or will this create problems?
also if i can use the 150gpd membrane in my 90gpd rodi unit will the water quality be less than optimal?

fishski13

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
What makes your unit a 90gpd unit is the 90 gpd membrane. So you can change the membrane to a 150 gpd and now it becomes a 150gpd unit. What I have heard is for regular home use it is best to use 75 to 100 gpd do to the rejeciton rate and pressure we get from our homes.

edd59

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
thank you for adding me to r2r.
i currently have a jbj45 flat panel and my dream tank would be a red sea 350 g2. (way out of my price range)

i am out of water and went to change my filters in my rodi unit before making a fresh batch.
the ro membrane i ordered was a MEM-SP-0090 but i was sent a MEM-SP-0150.

QUESTION: maybe a dumb one.
can i use the 150gpd filter in my 90gpd rodi unit as is or will this create problems?
also if i can use the 150gpd membrane in my 90gpd rodi unit will the water quality be less than optimal?
no, you also have to change the flow restricter valve to match GPD flow of membrane.

Going off the ledge: Would you be interested in a drop off aquarium?

• I currently have a drop off style aquarium

Votes: 3 1.6%
  • I don’t currently have a drop off style aquarium, but I have in the past.

Votes: 4 2.1%
  • I haven’t had a drop off style aquarium, but I plan to in the future.

Votes: 27 14.4%
  • I am interested in a drop off style aquarium, but have no plans to add one in the future.

Votes: 91 48.7%
  • I am not interested in a drop off style aquarium.

Votes: 57 30.5%
  • Other.

Votes: 5 2.7%
Back