RODI Sink Install Need Plumbing Help

Zelly

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hey guys, so Im trying to run my rodi system off my sink line, everything I see online shows a braided line where it just comes off after you take the nut off. Mine is PEX (I think) and when I take the nut off, its still attached at the valve. How do I remove the line so I can install my T-valve?
1711848492685.png

cilyjr

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
I've seen these plastic supply lines before. Should still be a 3/8 compression fitting to the angle stop.
Just turn angle stop off (or don't for a real adventure).
Unscrew supply line
Screw in the 3/8 feed adapter.
Reattach supply line.

Occasionally I have seen this stupid shark bite angle stop that has a supply line pre-attached. If you have that stop, call a plumber. Tell him the last nerd who plumbed your house used shark bite. Let him charge you $1000 to change all your angle stops and joints to expansion.

OP
OP
Zelly

Zelly

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Here is a picture of what it looks like with the nut off, I'm not sure how to get the line out. I'm not looking to pay a ton of money for a plumber, id rather keep using the annoying faucet adapter lol. Thanks for the help!

1711899918216.png

theMeat

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
It is a pex supply line, and is is a plastic compression fitting where it attaches to the shut off valve. Just wiggle it free and reattach to your tee. A little lube on the threads will help you get a good tight fit

cilyjr

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
It is a pex supply line, and is is a plastic compression fitting where it attaches to the shut off valve. Just wiggle it free and reattach to your tee. A little lube on the threads will help you get a good tight fit
This.
Make sure you have a compression tee.

Your house is not repiped PEX. At least as far as you can see from the picture that looks like Galvie coming out of the wall.

OP
OP
Zelly

Zelly

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Thank you! I’ll give it a try when I get home, just didn’t want to break anything before I went pulling on things lol

OP
OP
Zelly

Zelly

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Its working now but the line that goes into the faucet is at an angle now. It seems to be working fine though. Is this going to cause issues in the future? Thanks

Looking for the spotlight: Do your fish notice the lighting in your reef tank?

• My fish seem to regularly respond to the lighting in my reef tank.

Votes: 91 75.8%
  • My fish seem to occasionally respond to the lighting in my tank.

Votes: 15 12.5%
  • My fish seem to rarely respond to the lighting in my tank.

Votes: 8 6.7%
  • My fish seem to never respond to the lighting in my tank.

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • I don’t pay enough attention to my fish to notice if they respond to the lighting.

Votes: 2 1.7%
  • I don’t have any fish in my tank.

• Other.

Back