RODI unit not working after filter change

chunkysoup56

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Recently replaced all filters along with a new membrane for my BRS 4 stage unit. Ever since it has been limited to a slow drip of output water..... I’m talking maybe a couple cups worth a day.

Any thoughts? Pressure into the unit is 50 PSI (same as always) and I did let the unit run for several hours after changing the filters

John Smith

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I suspect your RO membrane might be the culprit. You can test by removing the inlet, the outlet and the drain tubes one at a time to check water flow. I assume the new membrane has the same rating as the old one (25, 50 or 75 gpd) if you change the rating, you must also change the flow restrictor.

OP
OP
C

chunkysoup56

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Have you ever changed the Flow Restricter?

never changed the flow restrictor..... I did replace with a non BRS membrane (same gpd rating) and I’m beginning to think this is the problem.

AZMSGT

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
never changed the flow restrictor..... I did replace with a non BRS membrane (same gpd rating) and I’m beginning to think this is the problem.
Brand doesn't matter, most are made by Dow Chemical with a different label. What GPD RO filter did you have and what did you install? 100GPD filters need 60PSI.

Last edited:

Algae invading algae: Have you had unwanted algae in your good macroalgae?

• I regularly have unwanted algae in my macroalgae.

Votes: 44 35.2%
  • I occasionally have unwanted algae in my macroalgae.

Votes: 27 21.6%
  • I rarely have unwanted algae in my macroalgae.

Votes: 9 7.2%
  • I never have unwanted algae in my macroalgae.

Votes: 10 8.0%
  • I don’t have macroalgae.

Votes: 31 24.8%
  • Other.

Votes: 4 3.2%
Back