RODI Unit producing A LOT of waste water, but only drops of filtered?

Turnage

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Okay, thanks!! I have a manual flush valve, do I turn the flush valve on when my turn on/off valve for the supply is on?
Not sure since my rodi system doesn't have a flush valve. I would assume you want to keep the flush valve close when producing rodi water. You would only open it when you have replaced the carbon or membrane filter. Hopefully another r2r member can chime in on this.

OP
OP
Brooke24

Brooke24

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Not sure since my rodi system doesn't have a flush valve. I would assume you want to keep the flush valve close when producing rodi water. You would only open it when you have replaced the carbon or membrane filter. Hopefully another r2r member can chime in on this.
Yeah, I know you typically flush after every RODI unit use. I’m just not sure how to flush it lol

sunken3

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
the flush valve bypasses the restrictor which should increase waste water. honestly i rarely use mine (cause i am lazy).

it allows you to flush the settled high TDS water out of the system instead of sending it to your DI resin.

to better explain, you will have water that creeps through your membrane between rodi runs,, that higher TDS water can either be flushed out before it hits your DI or you can allow it to go to your DI (if you dont use the flush valve

sunken3

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
not sure you need a flush valve though if you are taking your unit off of the sink every time after use.. there would be no pressure to cause water to creep through the membrane

sunken3

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
your system is only 4 stage, so i would really recommend a tds monitor to validate when the DI is expired. and change out your carbon timely, unless you test your waste water for chlorine regularly

Turnage

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
your system is only 4 stage, so i would really recommend a tds monitor to validate when the DI is expired. and change out your carbon timely, unless you test your waste water for chlorine regularly
Yes a TDS meter in my opinion is essential. Here's what I have. It's cheap but gets the job done.

Tentacled trailblazer in your tank: Have you ever kept a large starfish?

• I currently have a starfish in my tank.

Votes: 14 31.8%
  • Not currently, but I have kept a starfish in the past.

Votes: 11 25.0%
  • I have never kept a starfish, but I hope to in the future.

Votes: 13 29.5%
  • I have no plans to keep a starfish.

Votes: 6 13.6%
  • Other.

Votes: 0 0.0%
Back