Roller mat or Skimmer or BOTH?

Liquidlar

Community Member
View Badges
Joined
Feb 6, 2023
Messages
42
Reaction score
16
Location
Palm Beach
What state or country do you live in
Florida
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I heard somewhere that roller mats will fight with a skimmer and lower the ammount of skimmate. They said you could just pick one. I don't know how true this was so im asking on here to see what you guys think.
 
In my opinion, both. I am running a RedSea ReefMat and a skimmer. They work great together.
 
I can imagine running one or the other and being okay.

I recently had to turn skimmer off for 16 hrs so meat corals can get fluffy again. Almost lost em from skimming too much!

Id get both anyway though because I’m an equipment junky
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHAT IS THE LOUDEST PART OF YOUR REEF SYSTEM?

  • Return pump

    Votes: 7 4.5%
  • Powerheads or wavemakers

    Votes: 11 7.1%
  • Protein skimmer

    Votes: 27 17.5%
  • Overflow or drain

    Votes: 52 33.8%
  • Sump vibration or plumbing

    Votes: 2 1.3%
  • Cooling fans

    Votes: 11 7.1%
  • Dosing, ATO, or other equipment

    Votes: 10 6.5%
  • Nothing. My reef is surprisingly quiet

    Votes: 24 15.6%
  • Other (Tell us what makes the noise)

    Votes: 10 6.5%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new